Motorway fuel consumption

Folks,

Currently getting around 23mpg when cruising at 70 - what are you folks getting? I'm getting new plugs/leads this week - will this improve things ? She has just been checked by VW and no other major fault codes...

Hope you guys enjoyed the RR day!

TIA

Maak

this trip up to Stealth was her first long distance run(With me anyway) was about 400 mile round trip . She was doing bout 28.1 mpg average speeds of 90-120 which i thought was fecking good. Not to sure bout the plugs tho matey, hopefully sombody else can help :)

I hate to say this guys, but on a run up from London where the car came from, My Estate returns around 34-35 mpg @ 80 - 90mph, I had trouble believing this until I did the mileage calcs and it's true!!! In and around town I've managed anywhere between 24-27mpg and peeps, here's the kicker.... My car is an Estate!!!!

I haven't even tampered around yet with the fuel and a serviced the car yet!!!

I'd like to know more of what people get per gallon, not that I'm complaining just interested..Oh! and I don't use Optimax, just plain ol' unleaded.

Opinions please....

Regards

28v6r

Mine is 18-24 around town, 28-34 on long trips depending on if I keep my speed steady. If I stay at around 80mph for an hour I get about 32 mpg. Have to say, I had to fill up with normal unleaded instead of optimax the other day, first time since I got the car in sep. My fuel economy has now increased, so I think I'm going to stop using Optimax for a while to see if my economy remains better.