Top mounts *now with added problem!*

Hi, car failed its MOT on one top mount and the other was an advisory, but searching back through some old posts it looks like mk3 top mounts often wrongly get failed/advisorys as they do have some play as normal?

I'm wondering wether to go back and ask for a retest on them, and explain that its a common mistake?

anyway if I do need new tops mounts I'm looking at some uprated poly ones from venom, or do I stick with standard vw?

cheers for any help!

well gone and got some oe ones fron vw anyway, need to do them this weekend so can't wait around for some poly ones.

Came in at about £45 for both sides with bearings.

I guess we'll have to see what they say about these ones, though I have remembered that a check I had done at the phirm also advised on top monts so maybe they are gone after all?

I bought a pair from Jorilly off ebay £15.00 for two including postage. I then referbed my old ones and gave them to DANH

As parky said impact gun it off DANH did mine not long at all easiest job i've ever done.

• 3 months later...

I think some garages try to "generate" work sometimes' date=' but that is only my opinion.

[/quote']

i'd say more than some garages.lol of course though when or if you do get an advisory just be polite and say, "oh right ok they need replacing yeah!?!...im sure you are aware they are not attached and are supposed to be like that, just thought i'd mention it incase you forgot"...."call it and advisory if you like"....

ha ha

I bought an impact wrench specifically for this job and swapping charger pulleys after destroying my two front struts because of seized nuts. Not something you use alot' date=' but your sold glad to have one when you really need it!

[/quote']

I've got a compressor and an air gun which are priceless for certain jobs. I've seen and used the cordless battery type and they are really good aswell. Paul has a Snapon one which is really really good.