rescued a storm for a song!

you jammy dodger, well done to ya, hope she dont cause to much hassle. personally i wouldnt sell it, keep hold for a couple of yrs more then sell it on when the price has gone up a bit, which i think everyone will agree it will

• 2 months later...

suppose i should update this thread..

she lives!!

i have keys, registration doc, mot'd for the year.. its a proper viable car again!

currenlty in the paint shop to have.. bonnet grille and front bumper painted, couple of dent removed, passenger sill and wing blisters painted... and a full cut buff and machine polish.

she will be mint when i get it back- with hopefully not a stone chip lol!!

its been a long road, but its basically done- next time i see it, it'll be ready!

pics to follow in a few days..

cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

after 5 long weeks in the paint shop and a near four figure bill..

SHE'S READY!!!!!!!

dsc00319.jpg

dsc00324.jpg

dsc00323.jpg

dsc00322.jpg

dsc00333.jpg

dsc00332.jpg

dsc00311.jpg

dsc00318.jpg

dsc00315.jpg

dsc00329.jpg

dsc00336.jpg

dsc00316.jpg

dsc00318.jpg

dsc00325.jpg

nearly a full re-spray.. to keep within budget, i havent done the front bumper and it still has stone chipping. there is 2 stone chps on the car both on the boot lid and un noticeable..

still a couple of minor odds and ends to do to make it 100% mint- front bumper could do with paint, and the driver wing mirror case has a crack.. and ive still got the fiddly starting issue with the fuse box..

minor niggles aside.. she's done!.. its been along time and ive enjoyed seeing her come back to life.

now will be offered for sale in the next couple of days....

yeh.. i just need to find out which relay is faulty. when you touch/move the fuse box, you can hear a relay clicking on/off.. i need to pull them all out and clean up the contact points or find the loose wire..no major drama..

she runs sweet and i can say there is noticeably more torque than a golf vr6, it pulls harder and the throttle is very responsive.

surpirsinlgy confortable car to drive, great driving position and comfortable seats.. brilliant cross country tool..

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...