howdy all been a long time since ive been on just wondered was u guys think. i dont know if any of you have come accross the anoying fault of the rear washer pipe coming away from its motor. this results in you removing your tailgate trim.

ive had to do this two times now and ive tried to cable ty the plastic however it does not help. ive thought of a jubaliee clip however unsure i can get one small enough.

what do you guys think?

here is a few images of what it looks like

img1.JPG

img2.JPG

• 1 year later...

to save creating a new thread ill join this.

My parents have a 2002 A3 5 door. And mum is always complaining the rear washer doesnt work.

Today i had a look. Firstly the pump sounds but no water. Then i noticed water dripping from passenger side of engine bay. Found a hose was not connected. Problem solved or so i thought.

Now when i use the rear jet its more of a dribble than a jet. And loads of water poors out from rear passenger wheel arch under the bumper.

there must be a split in the pipe in the headlining. where does the pipe run any suggestions advice please????

try cutting the end of the pipe off then reattach as after a while they either go really hard or soft where they attach to the motor,other than that i use cable tie one around the end of the pipe and another onto the body of the motor and around the pipe so its nice and secure

not sure if it would leak down to the arch they normaly leave a puddle in the boot or the headlineing if its that joint leaking most people seem to cable tie or use glue to make the joint stronger

it maybe the water is runing down the piller and found away out to the rear arch i'm not sure but worth a look anyway mate

Sorry I have been away from the forum. There are 2 usual sources for leaks

First if the rear screen is leaking then its usually as said before spraying water down into the boot. If this is the case get on it as it usually erodeds the boot latch and damages it's sensor

The water by rear arch and around the lights usually comes from the sunroof if it has one. This usually means the waste pipe at the back of the sunroof is blocked. To clear this put ur hand up the wheel arch until u feel some squeezy rubber nipples (they look the same as the ones in the door) and squeeze them. U will usually get lots of mud coming out of them. I have 2 do mine at least 2 times a year. That's only the case If u have a sun roof make sure u do the front 2 pour a little water into the sunroof track and squeeze to flush them