I heard oem top mounts are terrible. Think paul on here fitted a set of oem top mounts drove 20 miles to mot and was told they were advisory. Few other people have similar stories with oem top mounts. Definetly go with poly if you can.

Most MOT places will give advisories against top mounts on VWs as the have a little bit of play when they lift car up. They dont know that they are not connected to the body

True especially if your lowered.....feels like a wizards sleeze up there when the car is jacked up!

I heard oem top mounts are terrible. Think paul on here fitted a set of oem top mounts drove 20 miles to mot and was told they were advisory. Few other people have similar stories with oem top mounts. Definetly go with poly if you can.

would disagree see above

I'm sure lots know this, but the MOT testers get 'advisories' about specifics on certain cars and a tester showed me the one for Golf top mounts yesterday because I asked him. Can't recall the exact wording, but the gist of it was - they are meant to have play and should be tested with the weight of the car on them. Not sure how you do that! But some MOT guys don't seem to know this. If they wriggle them with the wheel off the deck, they should expect a lot of up and down movement before they fail them.