• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man after driving the VR on sunday its so much more involving than the A3, in that it really just drives to your destination, in the VR you do a whole lot more driving, its much more fun. Old skool.

My central locking pump has been sounding like it was slowly dying a death for quite some time now. It would moan and groan on every time I would unlock the car, only unlocking, locking was fine. I ch

Yes mostly expensive downs, look on the bright side, when you've replaced everything it'll be pretty much a brand new car as a sum of it's parts, then hopefully a good few years of trouble free (ish)

Yea cheers' date=' as I've been there before I know what's coming and am not looking forward to it, I keep thinking of 300. This will not be over soon, you will not enjoy this lol.

[/quote']

As long as you don't call your doctor your queen you'll be alright ;)

Oh yea forgot yours is garaged, it doesn't reach under the back bumper on the golf but will be due to the higher roofline, it looks up to the task to just keep muck and animals off though just didnt want it lifting off in wind.

• 1 month later...

Well I went to see the surgeon yesterday and he's referring me over to get some more tests done with a view to 1 or 2 more surgeries after what he wants to know is found out, I dunno just have to do what I'm told, as he says this will be 3 or 4 months I got the car back on the road.

Sailed through the MOT, the CO was 0.000%, cant get lower than that! :D Then got taxed.

On the way back home the car was much faster as it was £275 lighter, and it clicked over to the big one double O... or quintuple O...

IMG_0645_zpsc732efd1.jpg

Congrats on your 100th - expect a telegram from the Queen!

I had 111111 on November 11th 2011, but was doing about 70 so no photo :]

Good luck with the operation(s), I've had tendon repairs on my hands but don't worry these surgeons really know their stuff.

Heh cheers, I dunno though, he's goin on about nerve cutting and eventual bone fusing, sounds like I'm gonna end up with a solid wrist, sounds pretty debilitating :s : self pity:

I'm really not planning anything major for the VR, just hoping to keep it running and in tip top condition, maybe specially with this surgery crap and also having bad money news all the time Im currently trying to train in a totally different field than my own expertise, from technical to accounting, reason, to try and make money.

Glad to see you back on the road :) and don't see many at 100k "on the nose" :)

Are you planning coming to any of the VR6OC events? ;):D

Heh yea I was coming home from the MOT and parked up in town, looked down and it had just clicked onto 100.

Whether I could attend any shows would all depend where and when they were and if I had any free money at the time.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got it fitted today, wasn't exactly an out of the box fit but its sat ok now, haven't taken it for a test drive yet so don't know if it will sound any different yet, this is 2.5" which apparently the old one wasn't as its obviously smaller, haven't measured it though.

IMG_0669_zps464f01c8.jpg

IMG_0670_zpsf01c83d2.jpg

Well the bloody thing leaked at the front so had it off again, I've had to try and make a snug fit using the sleeve pipe in the kit. Ended up cutting each end off, pressing the biggest end into the front pipe, then pressing the smaller end inside that to make it the correct diameter for the cat, fingers crossed it doesn't still blow tomorrow morning, if it does the fact that I press fit the pipe into the front end will mean that I'd have to get to a powerflow or the like and get the front few inches cut off and a specific little section made up to connect the cat to the front pipe snugly.

Yea I think none are an out of the box fit, they always need some tweaking don't they, I tried a mikalor I had but even that wouldn't tighten it up enough, there was a fraction of a mm gap on one side it managed to put put put through

It's going to sound....

LOUD!!

:)

To my surprise it is quieter than the system it replaces, maybe it will gain some decibels as it cokes up over the next few hundred miles, but I was shocked to drive down the road and not be able to hear it at all!