Rust. Is this bad?

Im on the hunt for a mk3 VR6 (was originally only looking for mulberry highlines, but now open to others except green)

THe 1 im looking at is 98 plate with 68k. Its not based to far away from me, so gunna go check it out. He wants £3200 for it but open to sensible offers. Good so far??

I asked for a few pics of the bad areas and here is what i got

rust_spot_21.jpg

rust_spot_11.jpg

I will be getting the arches rolled some time (if i buy it) if that affects it?

Looking from the pics is the prop name for the colour mystic blue?

It is missing the VR splitter, but nothing to loose sleep over.

But, when plugged into bag com the ABS sensor brings up a fault code. (ABS sensor wire wasnt properly connectedt and when he drove it down the road from work the light came on, when he got back the wire was pressing against the tyre so it just burned through the wire. Big fix??

Thanks

full main dealer history (last service at 65k)

Vmaxx coilies

Cat back exhaust

m3 style rear lights (will be getting changed)

Full closeure alarm

MOT due on 7 months

Tax in due in april

Ive seen a few mk3s and finding 1 that hasnt got rust and low miles is easier said than done.

RCF - so hes asking far too much for it??

As above, that is WAY over priced. He's asking over the odds as its low mileage, but as you can see, its things like rust that matter on a car that is 11 years old.

The rust by the side skirt could (and probably does) continue behind the skirt.

pop onto autotrader there is a black highline with 79k miles for £2.5k... If not local to you and you need someone to pop in before you make the trip shout up and as long as members are free they'll have a look for you..

Also check out the for sale section on here. There are basics through to wantant 4wd charged versions ... :D just have a box of tissues handy for that one.. :o

Im sure ive seen that mk2 VR before.

Theres a charged black mk3 VR near me but I cant afford the insurance on it. Im suprised im getting quites for a N/A VR.

Ive been checking ED38, pistonheads, ebay and autorader pretty much everyday for a good month or 2 and prices are pretty much the same as this blue 1.

2k will get me something like a '96 with 130k+ and most of them havent had chains etc.... done.

I NEED a mk3 VR before Ultimate Dubs cos im hoping the polo will have sold by then. If i take the polo down to UD ill keep the porsche seats in, run the porsche wheels and ill want to keep it all over again and continue with plans with 1.8T

ive seen it but people arent willing to travel down with me, with it being 300miles away and 5hour trip there and the same back.

Theres quite a few ive missed out on with most of them being down south and not got any1 to travel with.

Is this mystic blue??

mk3golf7.jpg

Thankds for your help guys :)

i think its slightly over-priced. I say its worth around 2800. It does have very low mileage plus FVWSH. Also if your going to get your arches rolled anyway, your going to have to respray the wings and part of the rear quarters anyway, so you could get the rust out whilst your doing that.

Don't pay £3200 though.

looks like it and as I said ask a member. there is always someone close and as long as you turn up at the annual bash and buy beer then they wont have an issue helping out if they can..

ditto nothing better than a bit of tyre kicking on a Sat afternoon :-)