Entering the REAL world!

Started my second year of uni in Sept..

Thought I'd see how it goes as I hate the first year (Only uni, not the social life) Well, the second year was even crapper and I thought 'fuck doing something I hate'. So after a while of bummin around thnking about what to do, I decided to leave uni (I've taken a year out just for safety) and I applied for jobs!

I heard straight back from the Job I wanted, had my interview on Wednesday and it was awesome, even though I was interviewd by the 3 main guys of the company which was a bit off putting, but they were sound!!! Got chatting about all sorts and started to have a joke, they saw my car and got onto the subject of that, luckily they're into their cars and one owns a VR (May come on here soon) Well, heard back today and I got the job!! :D

Real world finally and looking forward to the pay packets!! Can finally start buying serious stuff now!!

Well, Im now a computer technician and parts of the job are to set up networks, interview clients to find what requirements they have e.t.c, (consultant in that respect), but i have to build P.C's, repair odd things and go around to offices to maintain the systems! Its quite cool as Im quite field based which is what I wanted as it gets me out and about and pays for my petrol! :D

So Im really happy and jammy that I got the job I wanted to get when I graduate without graduating :D

Its only 10 mins up the road too :D

Yay!!

So decided to buy myself an Audi A4 20VT a.s.a.p as the work car as I have to lug around equipment and my Golf just wont be up to taking the weight of equipmnt and colleagues around e.t.c Been wanting a totally practical dull car anyway as its getting a bit dodgy round here.. Thankfully im real close with Tuning Werks and its going to get REVO'd straight away, but shall remain OE otherwise..

Alot of car for the little money it is! :D

Sorry for the essay, just thought I'd share im no longer a student waster! Sadly have to quit my part time job at VW now though :(

U know what, If I were going to mod it, I would be doing that! Especially as I want a black/Silver one.. But not going to let myself, just putting a nice sounding system in it and get the ECU REVO'd...

Mates already took the piss sayin it aint gonna stay standard..lol

and i bet it doesn't mark! have tried in vain with every car i've owned not to slip into moding it , telling myself its just a hack for bumming around in but always failed to heed my own warnings! its a bug that wont go away and you got it bad already mate! congrats on the job by the way and and stay in touch with the vw lads you worked with for all those much needed goodies that come along every once in a while!

lol, well happy!

Wasn't excited yesterday as I did a security job with my mate from 7pm to 7am! Didn't help that I'd been with a girl the night before..lol So very tired n grumpy!

I got a quote on an A4 today, and its £100 more than my 1.4 Golf!!! Whats up there?? lol

Not to worried about having an economical car as my petrol is covered by the company and still want to have fun in it..

Found a tidy A4 for £2650ono

Usual electrics, F/AudiSH, 2 owners, black, 16" alloys, 97k, good condition..

Good deal I thought! :D Was having a brain storm with a mate about cars, and the only other car we thought about that would be reliable, nippy and have enough room is a Civic 1.6 Vtec, 2 insurance groups lower and cheap! Not german though :(

Fun bit over, got to get used to getting up at 7.45 everyday, no all nighters, 1 night stands. Should be worth it when i get the pay...

Justin, ended up getting that Schrick for free,mate didn't want the £80 for the manifold he had as I done him a favour!

cheers all :D

well mark welcome to the world of FULL TIME work, its not as bad as it may seem once you get into the routine, im now on shift work at accenture (also in the field of IT) as a technical analyst, a few 12 hour shifts a month and 1 in 3 w/ends where i have to do 12 hours a day!!! but it all pays off when you get a pay pack and the only downside being losing sleep and getting bummed on tax,

all the best anyways and enjoy it - cuz either way you still gona do it!

Cheers!

Looking forward to it, just gonna miss teh free time I currently have, and realised last night that its gonna take me longer to do my engine conversion now, will be left to cold night and weekends.. doh!

Should be worth it in the end when the pay cheques comes though :D No more beans on toast for me! lol