I have just been made redundant which is a bugger but on the plus side i am due quite a bit money wise :) so obviously this is all going towards my vr lol. :-d

Had a look through previous threads for info but just want to clarify a few things.

I'm keeping my vr N/A and dont know which cams to go for 263s or 268s? If i do cam it should i have it re-mapped too?

Thinking of getting a mani too but can't stretch to a Shrick :-( are Racelands any good?

Any other sugeestions performance wise welcome.

Same as above, both would see gains, however if you definately as staying NA then I think you would make better gains from the 268s and a remap.

However, for similar money the G60 Final Drive be a nice mod, wont give more power but will give better acceleration.

I have bought 2 raceland manifolds in the past and never had any complaints, One thing I would do is get it heatwrapped as its pretty close to the steering knuckle rubber boot.

I just bought another one for my Harlequin Vento thats getting a full VR6 conversion in the coming days

If staying NA, I would go 268. I love how VR6s become a big 16V with those cams :-)

They're fine with boost aswell, just in case you change your mind and go FI.

As mentioned already, the biggest gains in acceleration come from a shorter final drive, but that'll eat into your redundancy money a fair chunk unfortunately.

Yeah' date=' not getting paid that much lol

Im definitely going to go for a set of 268s then and i have put my name down on the C2 remap group buy too so it should be good. :-d

[/quote']

I emailed the guy from Dougherty cams and they are getting some in late feb/march and are $337 delivered.....im gonna be going for them I think.

Whats everybody view on some of the 6 branch manifolds sold on ebay ? Most are sub £200.......

I emailed the guy from Dougherty cams and they are getting some in late feb/march and are $337 delivered.....im gonna be going for them I think.

Whats everybody view on some of the 6 branch manifolds sold on ebay ? Most are sub £200.......

That's where ive been looking for them, was gonna email them later for a price so youve saved me a job. Supposed to be rather good for the price.

I have been speaking to someone about my plans to cam my car and they said that as my mileage is quite high that they will just knacker my engine.

My car has currently done 147,000 miles which i don't think is too bad. Is he right or is he just chatting bubbles like he usually does? :-p