Good Value Renewal ?

Hi all..

Right my Insurance is up 13th Feb 2010... The back ground I'm 32 Civil Servant with 9 yrs NCB no o/s points they expired over 6 yrs ago. SP50

I've a un molested standard engine VR6 M reg 5 door apart from changing the Bumpers over to smooth ones and some nice Audi TT Alloys the car is standard. With a cat 1 alarm immob and additonal security added. It's parked on my drive way and i only do 6k a yr in it maximum on SDP i have a WA3 postcode

I paid last yr Fully Comp £249.00 for me and the wife as a named driver with Direct Line i have and excess £450 with no hire car or legal protection ( as wife has a car and covered with legal protection elsewhere )

They re quoted me £320 ... But i re applied and have it down to £266.70 Is that a fair quote given that nothings changed for me or wife just a little older and Balder ! ? ( me not the wife lol !! ) As i have another yrs NCB and clean licence why has it increased even slighty ? I feel i should pay no more than last yr ... Swinton even had the Balls to ring me with a "Excellent" quote as they wanted my business this yr they said of £690 ha ha ... the lady avidly waited for an ethusiastic response ,,,, Butthere was silence before i piped up are you serious ? her voise went high pitched what's the best price you have been quoted ...?? £266 i said .... Errrr i'm so sorry to insult you she said then she quickly put the phone down... FUNNY !!!

Anyway i digress...

What do people think ?? Surely the older i get the more responsible i must appear to the insurer's ... why then quote stupid prices or higher than last yr when i've been so careful... I don't be grudge anyone a powerful car but somehow feel i am being milked by my testee's for the indescretions of the snot nose little idiots who wrapped their cars round a lamp post this past yr .... ???

Views please ????

What do people think ?? Surely the older i get the more responsible i must appear to the insurer's ... why then quote stupid prices or higher than last yr when i've been so careful... I don't be grudge anyone a powerful car but somehow feel i am being milked by my testee's for the indescretions of the snot nose little idiots who wrapped their cars round a lamp post this past yr .... ???

Views please ????

Not a bad quote, I'm older and live in a low risk area but because I'm single the insurance on my standard GTi is not alot lower than that.

NCB discount has a ceiling so any more than 7yrs doesn't make a difference. Also age doesn't effect the risk of theft.

Also remember that all us honest motorists have to pay £30-£40 each year to cover the uninsured :@

Insurance will generally go up slightly each year, once you have reached your cap of discounts (NCD, age etc.), which you have.

I would say it's a decent-ish quote, although I still reckon you could get it lower, particularly with your excess being quite high. Try Chris Knott and also Brentacre. I'm with Brentacre and with similar details to you (other than postcode and my age (i'm 29yrs old) and my premium this year was about £260, but with a slightly lower excess of £350.

Without meaning to offend you(!), I think your postcode may be partly why your quote isn't as low as it could be. But nothing you can do about that, unfortunately!

Just spoken to paul at CK they will do 331.99 throw in free legal cover on top of the windscreen cover already included. Plus they will only charge a small admin fee £25 when i decide to Chip the car and put new exhaust on. That's with my 17 inch TT Alloys already included in it. ...

Sounds a fair price ? For future mods ...

Yes Jim i've experienced that before with Flux. & Yep fully comp with full NCB 300 excess free european cover for 60 days fee breakdown but has limitation to just 5000 miles a yr. Only thing is the cars N/A haven't done a thing perfrmance wise to it so would expect it to be a bit lower lower than a turbo'd VR on fully comp...

I thnk i might look into getting some advanced driving course qualifications they seam to ask about that a lot wonder how much it will reduce it by ??? Hmmmm

• 3 weeks later...