Scammer at work! (bally303)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got email from bally303 of this site, he gave me details for a "David Back" guess what - scammer, daniel made up the guy and has £530 of my money, he says he doesn't know what i'm on about, and if you read this bally303, if i don't recieve me money by tuesday 2nd March i will be going to the police as i recieved nothing from yourself for weeks now.

Gav9n - Have you filed a paypal dispute yet?

I did this for an item I had not recieved from another forum and my dispute was resolved.

Hope you are able to resolve this with the member in question, although if the member does not plead his case in this thread, it will go against him as other members will be reluctant to trade with him in future...

Pete

basically bally303 pmd me and gave me another email address saying to email "david back" as he had the parts i was after, then i sorted it out with "david" (don't actually think he ever existed) that i would pay £530.00 + postage for the parts, i wasn't that confidant the he was a geninue seller as i asked him for a contact number on a couple of occassions and he ignored, Also i asked for photos of the products and google imaged the items, and hey presto the images where on the 1st page and SP's homepage, so anyways he said that once i paid through paypal he would send out the products, so i paid thinking this guy seems sound enough, then emailed him a few days later and the email bounced back, instantly i though he had closed the email account when he got the money so i filled a dispute, "david" then emailed me saying to close the dispute and he would send the items out, so i did so stupidly and 2 weeks later no response, then i noticed that on the paypal receipt for the item had bally303 on it and then it clicked with me, he had made up the account pretending that this guy existed got the money and that was him,

So i have been emailing bally303 to sort it out and he said to start with he didnt know who "david back" was and didnt know what i was on about, but know he has apparently bought a few items through him lol,

all i can say is the games up, just give me my £530.00 back and i won't get the police involved,

you need to raise a dispute as soon as you suspect foul play - dont put it off.

send all your communications to paypal with the user, keep a time line of events.

If the police are involved, I can supply last logged in IP address of bally303, which will match paypal's records, also, even if he created an email address (which domain was it? I presume it was a hotmail or gmail maybe) there would also be IP address information stored with the ISP which the police can easily obtain access too, they will all match up, website, paypal and email address. just because an email address was deleted, doesnt mean all traces are removed from the ISP's servers ;)

The thing that strikes me as odd is that this member is that I have seen him on the site as recently as yesterday, and he has been getting involved in various threads.

keep us updated.

file a dispute immediately with paypal they will have bank details for the scammer' date=' do it through the paypal site resolution centre https://www.paypal.com/helpcenter/main.jsp;jsessionid=TQrBLMZpDLLRVyPCSC397J11dhjsc4WXvSC1GCHVpTfrBvrybfz1!-1365519725?locale=en_GB&_dyncharset=UTF-8&countrycode=GB&cmd=_help&serverInstance=9018&t=solutionTab&ft=browseTab&ps=solutionPanels&solutionId=163596&isSrch=Yes

[/quote']

he filed a dispute already but then ended the dispute and once you end the dispute you are unable to open it again. unless he rings paypal direct and explains what has happened, then they maybe able to re-open the case.

Some law enforcment guidlines for paypal and microsoft hosted services respectivly.

http://cryptome.org/isp-spy/paypal-spy.zip

http://cryptome.org//isp-spy/microsoft-spy.zip

All information is easily obtainable.

If this user does transpire to be a scammer, there will be enough information from the providers to make a conviction, although he does sound as he knows what he was doing - making you close the dispute BEFORE you received the items so it looks like the situation has been resolved...

were you able to write a comment when you closed the dispute?

I think he tried this on me too.

I had a wanted ad up for a 6 branch and received a pm fromm bally303 saying his mate was selling one on clubgti and to email b4l18yr@live.co.uk about it. I told him I didn't really fancy emailing a random person about it and I'd rather do it through a forum.

Anyway, I emailed the guy (David Beck) and the strange thing is he seemed really genuine, he said he had one for sale but someone might be buying it. Then he emailed me a couple of days later to let me know it had sold. Lucky for me I guess.

I checked the forum for bally303 and he seemed to be a good member at the time, but the whole thing just felt wrong anyways.

Hope this gets resolved for you mate.

Andy

yeah he does seem to know what he's doing, but i doubt he though i would get his real email and name through paypal, think thats where he has messed it up, going to solictors in an hour and getting a letter drafted up, if it goes to court and he doesn't turn up, i win, if he does turn up, i win!

Well i guess this shows that "all communication to be carried our in thread" rule should be stuck too. Obviously not payment details, but having been stung too (not for that much though, very sorry to hear about that), I wish i'd done that. It will hopefully deter this kind of thing as everyone gets to see buyers/ sellers responses, so can hopefully spot the warning signs before it's too late.

Hope it all works out for you mate.

Thanks everyone for your support, filed a report with the nottingham police service so getting it sorted in the next week or so.

Scammer is Bally303 - Daniel Ball

Bally303 @aol.co.uk

Alias

David Back

b418yr @live.co.uk

Have a full location and contact number if anyone has been unlucky enough to be scammed by him.

P.S admin, can we block him off the site?

I hope you get this resolved mate... With pete having the I.P address details etc im sure the police will track him down somehow... thats too much money to let him walk away with. Keep us updated on how it goes yeah?? Good luck!

I've had a response from the user after I advised him to respond to this this thread;

Re: Buyer / Sell Dispute

bally303

Message Sent: Wed Mar 03 2010, 02:32PM

Message Read: Wed Mar 03 2010, 03:18PM

he has my name, address, email the lot.

i havent done anything wrong... i have even rang my local police station to inform them of this. So i have no problem with this matter....

i have been a member of this club for a wile naw and i havent done anything wrong. so what would you suggest i do when i havet done anything?

---------

upto now, still no response to the thread.

Hope you get this resolved.

Pete

the member in question was on 30 mins ago and hasn't posted up any response, think that speaks for itself, also to the above, the pm he sent back to you Pete is laughable, he's still acting like he doesnt know whats happening, whenever his name, email address etc where registered to "David Backs" paypal, btw i was on the phone with nottingham police station and they have no record of him ringing and said why would he ring as he's the one thats committed the offence lol

• 2 weeks later...

Police where involved and have taken statement and copies of all of the correspondance, due to the fact that i live in N.Ireland and the scammer is in england, my local police station is dealing with the case and it will make it that wee bit longer to deal will as they have to go through the police service of Nottingham etc, should be all cleared up in a few months.

Thanks for everyones help and i'll keep everyone updated on the progress.