Exhaust? Was goin for powerflow...maybe not

I was going for a custom powerflow system, from the de-cat back...

But, thinking about going for a supersrpint/miltek...

How do they they fit at the abck box? I dont like it when i see a gap between the tailpipe and bumper, hence why I like powerflow's as you can have it as you like..

Also, I want my AMG tailpipes welded on, so would you say stick with the custom powerflow job, or get the miltek/supersprint and cut the pipes off?

Thanks

Yeah, got both real near me..

I have a powerflow backbox at the mo, has a nice noise but does my head in sometimes!

My friend has a powerflow and they give a more throaty noise/rumble.. Goin to have silencers put on as I dont want it loud all the time.. BUt am sort of looking toward a superspint/Miltek system for the quarenteed performance gains

Got a nice Supersprint on mine. Sounds fantastic. Originally had one silencer, but it was far too loud, put the second silencer on later and it is just music to my ears. Got a very good fit on them too, but if you go for one make sure it doesn´t poke out the rear at an inward angle. Not sure about performance gains, but i remember being impressed with the difference it made to the car. Beautiful motor by the way.

I'd go for a decent off the shelf one if I were you, as it's likely to flow better than a Powerflow one.

That said, I can recommend the local Powerflow dealer, RSR in Croydon. They've built a few systems for mates, and also built the centre section for my GTI (I already had a Magnex back box on it). Also, they happily welded up the broken mount on the Remus on my new VR.

supersprint dont drown out the induction noise the way powerflow does but I wouldnt expect much gain from an exhaust tbh

True, but a badly built exhaust could easily lose you power compared to standard!

Powerflow will build it as loud or quiet as you like. On my GTI they kept it quite quiet but used a 'boom pipe' down the centre of the car which helped give it a nice burble (obviously nothing compared to a VR, but nice for a GTI!).

Can't rate my Supersprint highly enough, after having both a Jamex and Sebring on it previously. I've found them to be the best all rounder, not to noisey, great fit, nice selection of tailpipe designs and good performance/torque gains.

So impressed with the VR one I'm saving up to get one for my Mk2 (and only put a Stainless Jamex on that 6 months ago!)

So do I gather from what most people have said that Powerflow good but are generally loud (boy racer loud!!!) I want an exhaust that allows for the growl of a VR6 but doesnt draw attention. Last thing I want at 34 is people pointing and shouting Co*K!! LOL. Whats the general concensus? Its alot to pay out for and regret afterwards!!!!!