Lumpy / Misfiring & Popping

HELP!

My Car is due a service - which is going to be done this week, but i just want to put my mind at rest that it's nothing serious really...........

When i got in the car this morning and started it up from Cold, it was really lumpy and idling around 900rpm, it felt like it wasn't firing on all cylinders, if i raised the revs slightly it would go away just above 1k rpm, but driving up the road shortly afterwards it was still doing it

I even got a couple of small reasonably quiet pops where it sounds like it's misfiring.

Is this likely to be cured simply by replacing the Leads and Plugs? Or am i possibly looking at something more serious?

What sort of money is it going to be for new leads and plugs?

Well i had it replaced by a VW dealer over here in spain,and it cost me nearly 450 euros all in. Í´m guessing at around 200 of your hard earned for the coilpack, not sure if u´ll attempt the job yourself or not. I could could easily be wrong though m8. Does it jerk heavily under hard acceleration at times? If u spray a little water around the coilpack and plug ends, just a small amount with a vapouriser, you should start to see if there are sparks. I have a lead end which has a small split in it and it´s really horrible to drive the car with it spiting and spluttering all over the place. Gonna patch it up with some black tape until it goes in for a service. Cars mullered atthe mo, so not such a big deal. Hope this helps m8!

Yeah thanks for the response!

I'll get it serviced, and see what the guy thinks - he's an Ex-VW Mechanic, and i've been mates with him for years so i'm sure he'll be honest with me

All being well, new leads/Plugs will hopefully cure it...... certainly can't hurt to replace them as it's on 82k miles and i believe the Plugs/Leads haven't been replaced for a long time!