Sump guards (Group buy?)

47b4d711b3127cceb7ca3450f2790000001610

I know I want one, but surely some of you guys do..

Now the one pictured above is from the states, so postage will bump up the cost.. And the guys sells em for around $200, so cost will be fairly high really for something which will soon get forgotten about..

Now, there MUST be someone on here that can make one!

It can't be tooo hard for someone with metal experience and access to the right equipment!

I'd be interested in buying one obviously covering costs and making yourself some profit...

so who wants to? If not, im guna have to buy the above :(

[ Edited ]

Golf diesels come with sump guards????

I used to have videos of how tough the sump guards I posted are!

Alot of stories have been posted on VWVortex of how much of a life saver they are! Lets face it, the only way your gonna really fuck your sump through that guard is by driving into a breeze block at 60+ lol..

Got a video of some u.s nut just driving around scraping it and making it spark..

But they are bloody tough!

Ali mate, get on the case, that be phat if one can be made... few people make them in the u.s, but its just long coming from over there...

Mark> you'd be surprised esp if you run it slammed how little it actually takes to smack the sump - I think thats what happened to Hiten on a brand new rebuild 3.0 VR6....

I think the diesels do have an undertray but if its the same as the Mk2 Diesel it's a hard plastic one and I think it's cut out around the sump?.....

Might be cheaper just to have a plate welded over the sump - I've seen this on Bill Brockbanks 350bhp Ibiza as its on Stealths ramps at the moment.... ;)

Yeah, a friends dad can weld, and I did thnk about having the sump plated, but then I thought, if anything hits it, it'll still dent, maybe not as bad as if it was naked, but wont be as protected as it would be with a huge guard.. Surely would stay hotter too..

Will look into it when I undo it.. The sump on my 2nd engine has a huge dent in it. Makes it look soft!

I'm debating starting to make them Mark, as have caught mine a few times lately, so looking into fabricating one of sorts. Possibly my strutbraces as well depending on the interest?

The problem comes with certification/liability etc... as if something happens to someones car fitted with them not sure where I stand?

demon tweeks sell sump guards to fit mk.3 golfs for £150+vat. they come pre-formed and with all the brackets ready to bolt on. dont think they're as "swiss-cheese" like as the ones from the us as they are designed for competition use, but they should withstand any abuse any of us can throw at them i would think! group buy anyone?