do you really mean you've got milky stuff on the fuel tank? thats not a classic h/g failure sign perhaps you mean in the oil filler which can be a sign. I would get your cooling system checked out mate as well while your at it. Even if your gasket was changed only 9k miles ago, it went for a reason, if it has gone again its probably the same reason. Overheating is a common cause, check your auxillary water pump is operational, also check your fans are working properly. I cooked a gasket but it was a seized fan that caused it....

if your head gasket goes, you will put water in to your cylinders (bad), your engine will heat up extremely quickly, the aluminium head (i think) will recieve large amounts of heat in areas it hasnt recieved any before and will warp, your head will need reskimming *(they take the top layer off of it to flatten it down)* and if hydrolock your engine (water + oil = locked engine i think) and you try to crank (start) your car you may bend the piston rods (is that what they are called right?)...also bad.

its horrific. dont do it. :)

ok, nerih has said the worse case scenario there, but somtimes its not so bad...my head was fine after my h/g went, but it is true that vr6's tend to warp their heads when the h/g goes.

get all the tests done first to confirm it is h/g.

if you have to drive it to a garage to get the tests done keep a close eye on your temp guage, second it goes upto 100 turn the car off.

yeah i meant my oil filler cap , although theirs none in the around the dipstick or anything . when i turn the key as the water pressurisses it makes a strange noise .i had i my gasket done at a main stealers 14 mounths ago but ive only done 6000 miles since so do think i could have some sort of comeback on that?if it is my gasket anyway