[moved] big power fwd

before I start please forgive my lack of car understanding etc ....

I am currently toying with the idea of charging my vr my only problem is the fact that its fwd and to my knowlage big power fwd just dont work or so I have been told.

The fact that I cant really thing of any big power front wheel drive car ( above 230bhp) leads me to beleave that its not a good idea surely it will just understeer like a see you next tuesday?

can someone with a high power vr please explain if and how they put the power down and handle etc as I really really love my car but if im going to get out handled everytime I try to play with the big boys then maybe I need to rethink.

cheers lads

Dean

i used to track a 300bhp focus rs (not mine, got a lucky mate!!), and jus gotta be bit careful, same as in a powerful rwd car - ease on the power out of corners... obviously getting the power down is always gonna be fun but aslong as u drive it properly u'll be ok.

yea jim potters putting 400+ thru his which gets used sprints and tracks so he's the one to talk to!

we await jim potter with his turbo 400+ bhp' date=' rabbitgolf with his 440 bhp, vrsick with his late mk2 audi 3.2 500+ bhp, craggsy with his 280+ bhp .... anyone i missed lol that can help this fella

[/quote']

me :( :(

well I was only running 270 bhp through mine but it was only ever really an issue in 1st gear and if you gave it the beans mate - once you were up and running it was fine and very usable - the thing is you have to uprate the suspension parts to compensate and as long as you do that then they cope very well. As Tony says very capable of annoying the "big boys" ;)

ive actually been in jim potters car and i was expecting it to have no traction at all but i was very surprised on how well it put the power down like alot of people said i think its all down to using the loud pedal properly obviously if you are heavy footed in 1st and 2nd its gonna be silly and have no traction

mapping, and size of housing has a lot to do with where the boost comes in . in car boost controllers are a big help,allowing changes to suit your needs (track / wet road) .

good tyres as Kev said is a must.

off the line,if racing a powerfull car,you will get pinged but bring 3rd gear into play and even if its a big merc,lambo,bmw m class or tuned ricer, you are flying by them hard, into 4th and their allready done, but keep going in 4th just to make clear.

YOU HAVE BEEN VR TURBO`D

go for it fella,you will never regret it. going from 120-150mph as fast a a standard vr does 50-70mph , and you will need more numbers on your 160mph speedo too :)

oh and as for handling, dont worry bout it, they will be too far behind to bother you in corners. :)but there are loads of struts and braces that can sort the handling, wide wheels and good suspension , poly bushes n mounts all combined go to make a sorted car.

on a sensible note GOOD BRAKES are not to be skimped on, no point to it if you cant stop.

I hate to say it, but put "OBX lsd" into Google and check out the results. It's not good! I think you've been lucky with yours!

I personally don't think the Quaife and Peloquin are unreasonable money for what they give in return. Anything that involves taking the gearbox apart, then I only want the best in there cause I'm not taking it off again to replace sub-standard parts :-)