I KNOW THERES LOADS OF THREADS ON HERE ABOUT THIS..BUT TO CLARIFY IT IM PRESUMING ITS BEST TO GO FOR THE RED COLOURED LEADS FROM A VW DEALER just rung for price, leads are sold individually £20 each roughly, mines an early 92 vr6 so il need 7?? thats £140 bloody hell... OR CAN THESE BE BOUGHT ELSEWHERE CHEAPER ie: G&S,ECP.. and are they the same quality..also need dizzy cap and rotor arm etc im presuming these can be bought from g&s as the qulaity wont be different

IM CONFUSED I RUNG G&S THEY QUOTED ME ABOUT 55 QUID ALL IN THEY MUST BE SHIT AT THAT PRICE..HAVNT TRIED EURO CAR PARTS IM PRESUMING THEY WILL BE THE SAME KIND OF QUALITY NO

The leads GSF sell are made by BBT and apparantly they are Crap.Get some Bremi one's from Euro car parts

• 3 weeks later...

Ive just bought some replacement leads for my (newly acquired) VR6 - I bought them from G&S, these were made by Hansa- seem fine so far (Famous last words ;-)) I bought these as when i went to change the plugs, the shite that was on there decided to fall apart in my hands as i was taking them off- really poor quality whatever they were- all i can tell you is they were black!! To be fair if you can afford the red leads are top notch quality, just a shame i couldnt source them elsewhere cheaper...

Okay, this is driving me mad. Now I think according to the most experienced among us,the red leads are the best ones to for. But are they made by BERU, or BREMI. Most VR's i've seen had black leads. Managed to get part numbers from the Beru site, but can't seem to find any info on Bremi. Anyone able to clear this up? Hope evryone had a good Christmas by the way. :)

Now I think according to the most experienced among us' date='the red leads are the best ones to for. But are they made by BERU, or BREMI. [/quote']

i don't think anyone has a clue.

i just went into vw and said i want plug leads for a vr6...but the red ones.

maybe ask vw what brand they are?

I did say that i got my leads from G&S, but in fact they were from Euro Car Parts- they are made by Hansa and are black. £52 + VAT - worked with no problems. Ive spent quite a lot recently so couldnt afford the nice red VW ones. Buying leads from Euro Car Parts is the automotive equivalent of buying from Lidls :-)