Well thats me buggered then...

Got home yesterday from a brilliantly day of golf and watching the england match to find a letter sitting on my coffee table that me mother had obviously left there. Turns out to be from the Northamptonshire constabulary, got pinged by a mobile speed camera near my missus's house.

If i get another 3 points im up to either 6 or 9 points ( i cant remember what ive got already )

But that will put the nail in the coffin for me getting a VR, insurers wont touch me with a barge pole now, and even if they do it'll be far to much money :(

i may be able to get out of it,

got pinged in a 30mph zone on a road that is predominanently 60mp, as far as i know there is a 30mph sign at one end of this zone, but not at the other, i entered from the non-signposted side from a roundabout which i had entered from a completely different road.

so my understanding is if i was on the A5 in a 60mph limit and cross a roundabout continuing on the A5 there needs to be a sign stating its 30mph from there on.

However i joined the A5 from a completely different road. this road i joined from was a 30mph limit, but surely if im joining a different road which i know is generally a 60mph limit then if there is no actual 30mph sign then i am to presume its still 60mph which is the limit if i had of turned right instead of left????

haha sneaaakkkyyyyy

perhaps,

I mean at the minute i pay out on the ibiza.

£246 per month finance

£100 per month fuel

£76 insurance

for a vr i dont wanna spend anymore than £130 a month for insurance, i know my fuel bill will go up, but i wanna be at least £150-£200 per month better off.

Appears i may be able to go on a speed awreness course and not gain any points!!! however £120 will dent my savings :(

• 2 weeks later...

got the letter back today, got the option of CH = going to court FP = Fixed penalty or SAW = speed awarenes course.

obviously im taking the course as it only costs me 60 quid and i dont get any points, brucey bonus being i have until the 18th of january 2010 to do it, which means an extra 120 quid this month for my VR fund!!!!