gti or VR6?

I would have to agree a Gti is nippy at 0-60 but a VR6 is effortless just wants to keep going I only done a few mods to mine have no idea what the bhp is now (K&N 57i,Chip,Sports exhaust,Cat bypass) but its loads quicker than most other cars. There is nothing I can compare the engine noise to, its unique.I also dive an XK8 which is a V8 4.0 but the VR6 sounds better.

so is there much in it between the two? for 2.8 litres 170bhp ish isn't much i it? Do the VR6's make a lovely noise then?

vr6s make and absolutely stunning noise especially with a decat pipe ;) as for power put it this way iv got an induction kit exhaust and decat pipe THATS IT and i got 198 bhp and 187 lb ft at a recent rr day :):)

phil if ur on msn il send u a sound file

ps HOW DO I POST A SOUND FILE?

[ Edited Sat Nov 27 2004' date= 07:45AM ]

16v's would do a VR on the twists and TBH' date=' the 16v isn't MUCH slower than a VR6 below 90![/quote']

where you get that from? thats inaccurate. vr has so much more torque. i take it you mean standard suspensioned vr against standard suspensioned 16v for the cornering? maybe, but the second you put a kit on a vr6 it handles top notch.

my opinions are this...

gti 8v is very good for town driving, it has shit loads of low down power...but runs out of puff the second you get a clear a road or motorway.

vr6 does need a bit of winding up, but once over 4k rpms it really is superb..even better if you get it on the motorway, there aint much faster really.

16v doesn't have low down grunt, and needs more winding up than vr6, and then isn't as quick...kinda pointless, get one of the above to suit your type of driving.