Badges - something out of the ordinary?

For some reason I was thinking about badges last night - and admiring a blue mk3 from PVW a good few months back, it was from the US & had quite a few nice touches (but some dodgy LEGO style 18's). Anyway, the one thing that really struck me was the chopped up 328 badge from a BMW, it had been modded a little to read '2.8' & stuck in place of the normal 'Golf VR6' badge on the boot; I really liked this little mod :) Last month there was another Mk3 VR6 turbo, haven't read the full article, but he had done the same thing, but with a tidy little Porsche 'turbo' badge instead.

Needless to say I am off down the scrappy in search of inspiration at the weekend & see what crops up, but it got me thinking.. what other badges might sit nicely on the VR6 boot? I'm thinking 90's German badges mostly, if I was 'charged I'd be rocking a big old 'KOMPRESSOR' badge right now :D

Googled some more inspiration .. slow day at work today already ;)

Get 2 BMW 'M' Badges, flip one upside down to make a 'W' with the 3 colours streaks following it, chop the second badge to make a tidy little 'V' & stick it in front.

m3gunmetal.jpg

Or try finding a similar styled 'K' letter & stick it between the M & 3 ;)

halfords do little silver letters mate so you can make up whatever you want :) thought about rocking a supercharged badge on the back of mine but dont like everyone knowing whats under the bonnet !! ;) ;) stealth stylee :)

yea they tend to be baught by chavs with big body kits on tho

Yeah there's a line here between:

- an interesting & subtle little mod

- looking like a complete tit who thinks his VW is a Merc

I'm not sure I know where that line is :P Anyway I grabbed my spray paints before everything I own went into storage, so I might just give my current badges a little going over at the weekend & see how they turn out.

why ??? they are just silver little letters -nothing chavy about them and as long as you aren't writing "turbo" ( if you dont have one !! ) or something stupid on the car then they have no reason to be chavy - most of us already rock some sort of silver lettering on the car !! Personally my VR6 lettering on the back is faded, from all the polishing ;) , so sprucing them up by re-spraying or buying some of these would be perfect.

halfords do little silver letters mate so you can make up whatever you want :) thought about rocking a supercharged badge on the back of mine but dont like everyone knowing whats under the bonnet !! ;) ;) stealth stylee :)

I have VR6 made up of these letters on the passenger air bag cover. I am neither a chav nor do i have a big body kit?!

Personally my VR6 lettering on the back is faded' date=' from all the polishing ;)

[/quote']

lmlao!!! :-d

I wrote that for you, Gav and Anna :);)

I have VR6 made up of these letters on the passenger air bag cover. I am neither a chav nor do i have a big body kit?!

exactly :) :)

no but it does look f**kin chavvy... ;)

oih you !! nah it don't like bruv it looks wicked dont it tough like :)

anyway you have white stilletos and live in Essex so less of the calling other peeps chavvy !! ;):) :)

Personally my VR6 lettering on the back is faded' date=' from all the polishing ;)

Mine is faded too!!! :) lol

anyway you have white stilletos and live in Essex so less of the calling other peeps chavvy !! ;):) :)

[/quote']

Oi!! I am in no other way like an essex girl, so less of that please!! I may own a pair of white shoes, but i dont drive a ford, im not a slapper and i dont think lambrini is a 'quality' wine!!! :-p

no thank you... lambrini is rough...

and yes anna we are 'ladies' but im sure we wont look it at action by the look of this dress.... oops!!

anyway, back on topic, i think its a matter of taste and opinion.... id go with whatever you like the look of. But something different can never be a bad thing... :)