DVLA trying to rape me

^^ well that doesnt add up with the ideal of "Innocent until proven guilty"

Its down to the DVLa/Courts to prove you are guilty of any offence, if they cannot provide any substantial evidence then in the eyes of the law your are still innocent.

Road tax is a crock of shit anyway, it was originally introduced to prove you had paid the original stamp duty for importing the car/making it road legal at time of it being built. not as a yearly renewable tax. somewhere along the lines it changed into a yearly thing. proepr rip off!!

Road tax is a crock of shit anyway' date=' it was originally introduced to prove you had paid the original stamp duty for importing the car/making it road legal at time of it being built. not as a yearly renewable tax. somewhere along the lines it changed into a yearly thing. proepr rip off!!

[/quote']

I agree to an extent as we all hate forking out on things we deem 'unnecessary' but just imagine what state the roads would be if we didnt pay... they aint perfect as it is and without road tax money we would have even worse roads.

2 things in life you cant avoid, death and taxes.... ;)

^^ i also agree to an extent.

However the rest of the money we pay in taxes should within reason pay for the maintenance of roads and public highways' date=' not a yearly car tax.

I dont condone lying, but sometimes its just darn well necessary to beat the ssytem!!

[/quote']

Hmmm tbh we probably dont pay nearly enough taxes to cover government spending on everything AND then left over to plough back into the roads.

Think the problem arises due to a combination of more road uses and, like our railways, modernisation left til the bitter death! Meaning everything has to be done at once = huge cost :(

a cut in mps would do!!!

Yer you're not wrong there!

Councils are a b*stard for parking. There were 4 people in my house and the council said we could have a permit each and then a book of visitor permits.

Only 2 of us had our own cars so they informed the council they didn't need a residents permit. As i have the VR and a van i asked the council if i could have a 2nd permit. They said no and that our only allowed one per person. I informed them that 2 of the guys refused a permit so it would still only bring the total of the household to 3 but they wouldnt have any of it. B*stards!

well just found that i wont have to declare it to the insurers which means i can keep the VR! and i wont have a record so my life isnt over

its just a case of damage limitation really ive owned up to my error so hopefully admitting my mistake and providing evidence of why i came to the wrong conclusion will be in my favour

well just found that i wont have to declare it to the insurers which means i can keep the VR! and i wont have a record so my life isnt over

its just a case of damage limitation really ive owned up to my error so hopefully admitting my mistake and providing evidence of why i came to the wrong conclusion will be in my favour

Fingers crossed for u matey