Nice to know that...

your car still goes 140mph +

had an ST24 come charging up behind me so decided to see what they are like never having really seen one about. Floored it and he kept up for a while then got caught in traffic, he got a clear lane through a roundabout and went ahead of me. So I thraped the VR and caught up, he was taking it easy by this time and then he saw me in his mirror so he decided to floor it, at which point I thought why not (been a while since I let the VR really breathe) so kept up with him perfectly on his bumper (I could see him keep looking in his mirror at me), then to my surprise I was doing 143mph and was getting a little toooo close to his bumper so he pulled over and I flew by (thumbs up from us both!). I was so chuffed I thought my VR was poorly but far from it, and that is the fastest I have ever been in it! - totally standard engine too :)

I reckon its gonna be at least 5-10 mph out at that sort of speed. Plus it all depends on what size rims you have! Remember VRs come with 15s. And it all depends on the profile of the tyre, so the diameter of some maybe the same or bigger. So if you've got bigger rims its gonna have a higher top end, yeh? or no?

I'll shut up now cos I really haven't got a clue what i'm on about!! I reckon 150's a bit generous though surely.

yeah, its a given it'll be at least a few mph less, but as i dont have a road angel i have no idea how far out so may as well quote the indicated speed.

binliner is correct, it was on 15"s, with just lowering springs, standard engine, was on the flat and was still pulling. was also at 6a.m. so probably getting really good power from engine at that time.

If you had 17" wheels would that not mean your actually going faster than the speedo says' date=' where the wheel is going round less than with smaller diameter wheels?[/quote']

yep read my earlier reply :D iv lost the bloody website that calculates it for u

BUT the site cant take into account speedo error which normally reads high i think 150 indicated on 17"s is around 146-7 real life but im not 100% sure and their can be differences between speedos i spose just to confuse the issue further x)

its like corrected flywheel bhp u can never be 100% sure how accurate it is :(