I'm after a supercharger, I have a general question, how much are the mounts for a VF charger for use with air con? from my understanding the mounts will be different. The one i'm currently looking into is from an earlier VR that has no air con and I'd need to know how much the mount will cost me.

Thanks,

Pete

I'd e-mail VF as I'm not sure they like selling bits separately. They use a different charger than other kits such as c2/ams who use the v1 and v2 units. You can buy the parts for these separately off-the-shelf. That's why I'd go for a v1 or v2 and use c2motorsports add ons.

the v1 and v2 use the same bracket/pulley with and without ac, just the belt length is different. Not sure about the v9 as it uses a different bracket and tensioning system than the v1/2 but I would have thought that it was just the belt length which is different.

The z-charger is different as the ac and non -ac have the same belt length but the non-ac has an extra pulley which goes where the ac pulley would normally be.

If any of that makes sense.

I thought that, hence my earlier comments. I say go with a v1 or v2 and you can buy all the bits separately from c2 motorsports. VF are only interested in selling complete kits new. If your the second owner they're not interested. Go with a C2 kit or C2 add ons, stuff VF.

[ Edited Wed Nov 10 2004, 12:28AM ]

Agree. Pete, if you want a good charger and can afford a new one, buy the stage 1 from c2 motorports or buy a second hand vortech v1 or v2 based kit off vwvortex classifieds. You don't want a v9 (VF kit) as it uses unique brackets which you can't buy separately and doesn't produce the boost of a v1/2 which flow much better and are better suited to the vr6.

If you require any other bits c2 will sell them to you, unlike VF who have really shot themselves in the foot when it comes to supplying parts. I'm currently ordering some stuff from a c2 distributor for my v1. "Shipping to UK, no problem, any other questions about our products, please ask". Couldn't ask for better service.