hi, does anyone know if the 3 door gti and 3 door vr arches are the same??

i just had my arches rolled and the paint cracked, cheapest option is to colour code plastic arches and slap them on,

also can you get smoothed ones or all they all rough plastic.

cheers guys :)

i was quoted 300 to have both wings done, and i was quoted 130-150 to do arches side skirts and rear diffuser on standard bumper,

i dont know what to do, at the moment i am VERY pi**ed off with my vr, too many problems.

binliner: have you rolled your arches? thats the amount i want to lower it too,

nerih: yes the arches were rubbing and i wanted to lower it more at the back, front already scrapes coming off bumps lol,

your car looks sweet mate, and iv never heard of anyone adding arches to the VR if anyhing they take them off, i guess it will give the car a wider look, problem is there are some cracks on the front arches as well, so it will work out far too expensive, colour coding the side skirts and rear diffuser should be ok, and the plus side is that no filler if i get the arches which means no risk of cracking off, true? i dont even have a drive way to park on just shabby street parking where the car prob gets hit a gazillion times,

you know what, i might just settle for that advice, if it looks too wide after the car will look like its got bicycle alloys

it already looks wider, keeping the bottom trim of the car black prob will look better then colour coded,

ill drop it to them asap then i guess - mite be a a bit xpensive but they rolled the arches they can paint it, if i go elsewhere it becomes too complicatd, i.e if the paint cracks again then they will say we didnt roll the arches thought so its not our fault etc etc

m8, 1 thing.

You are the one who is going to be driving it, its your car, you are the one who is gonna KNOW that under those plasticy trims are some crap arches ... even if others can't see it, you will be able to see it...

get it done properly, save up if you have to...dont go plasticy.

:) its hard i know, after my nextdoor neighbour pranged my car i was thinking i'll just get the bumper smoothed....didnt look right...i just went and got a new bumper fully resprayed...better.

[ Edited Sun Nov 07 2004, 11:26AM ]

must admit it sure does feel better, flared out and no rubbing either!!

they resprayed the panel blending it in towards the edges, but looks as new, makes me feel like driving in reverse all the time lol, went to pick it up, they were buffing it with this very slick polish that only needs applying every 6 months