My vr is flying, just serviced the beast.

Hi folks,

Not really said much on here during my 6 months ownership so I thought I'd pop in an update. I did quite a big service yesterday and found out that my car may have previously been owned by jeff capes as I had to use a breaker bar on the oil filter housing and some percussive engineering on the sump plug. The ht leads were also knackered, one was bodged with electrician's tape, and another a normal generic ht lead which was a knightmare to get out, not too sure how much I trust the stamps in the service book!! Also put on some samcos, a new water pump, and a k&n. Runs sweet as a nut now. Just need to fit my new discs and pads, then I'm going look into polybushing.

Cheers

Matt

Cheers and good luck with them. I've found working on the golf almost like learning a new language compared to the French and Japanese cars I've had before! But relatively simple once you've got the hang of it.

I've had to have a fair bit done so far since my ownership, however I'm not loosing £3-400 a month as I would be if I'd bought a new car. And I'm averaging 31mpg.

Yeah i just changed, All discs and pads, all the oils drail changed incl gear oil. all the filters not sure what to do about the air filter, I bought the original air box, but not sure to put it on.

WOW 31 mpg?> i struggle to get 20 :|

I use my VR to drive to work and back, about a 10 mile all round trip. My mpg is currently at 15.2 mpg, however it went down to 11.5 the other day when there was heavy traffic!

Most i've ever got was 23 mpg on a trip from Crawley to Brighton. I spend around £30 a week on petrol. I miss driving my 1.4 purely because of this lol!

Oops, mpg debate definately in full flow.

Are you lot joking, smoked mine up to Alton Towers, moving at a high rate of Leptons keeping the oil temp at 108, and 24mpg was the average, and on the way back averaging 27mpg.

I cannot get the mpg as low even in short burts! Does everyone else average 140 leptons everywhere?