I want the golf to handle as well as my old rado as that seem to stick to the road. I have eibach springs but nothing else, what would people reccomend to do i.e. full suspension kit or anti roll bars or both etc

cheers getting a bit scary now as have just been out in a mates poogeot 106 gti and its excellent round the twisties

Just adding Koni shocks to go with your springs will make a LOT of differnce but add some thicker ARBs and it'll feel like a different car

even better would be getting decent coilovers & ARBs... when I changed from a shock/spring kit to FK konis it felt loads flatter cornering (and looked better too!)

Depends on your budget. Best thing would be to get coilovers with Powerflex bushes all round, Eibach anti-roll bars and front upper strut brace. Should make your VR stiffer than the queen's upper lip. Wheels can also play a part too, what size do you have?

Ive got 17" wheelies on at the mo, and will get some strut bars soon plus coilovers, as i cant be bothered messing around and not getting much of a better feel. which ones are good for little money i.e. fk with koni's are about 400 ish which is ok but are there any just as good for less?

I've got Konis and Eibachs on my golf, I came from just Eibachs like yourself. The difference with Koni adjustables is massive. Like acf my ride is not brilliant, though acceptable to most people. (It really depends what kind of roads you mainly drive on) To be honest it's not the Konis that are the problem, it's the Eibachs. If you're happy with the ride quality as you are then I'd recommend adding Konis as it will really tighten things up. Incidentally I've now got a rado with standard suspension and I think that handles as well as the golf with Konis and Eibachs but with better ride quality. Rados rock ;-)