She's finally Charged!! Now With Pics!!!!!!

You'll find that you lose whatever gain your 264 cams were giving you over the standard ones now I'm afraid.

It may even be worse off than on original cams, but I'm not sure on that.. I'm no expert.

You'll need to be on the lookout for a set of Schrick 248sc cams mate. Rare as f00k second hand..

i never understood peoples theories behind braking. you shouldnt in theory need bigger brakes, maybe more durable ones as you will be at higher speeds more often, but in a standard vr6 140 mph is aesily attainable, and whats the top speed in a s/c vr6? most probably close to that as its the gearbox thats limiting the top end. i guess it is better as you will be getting to higher speeds in shorter periods, but not a necessity as far as i see it. just my 2psi on the matter.

i think you've answered your own question there mate.

If say, you had a normal vr6, and going down one of your favorite straight roads you hit 80 before having to brake for a roundabout coming up, standard brakes are no problem. But, if your in a s/c vr6, along the same road, you'd probably be hitting 120 before you you come to the same point and have to start to brake. Yes, you could brake EARLIER.........but where's the fun in that ?

bigger brakes = better stopping power, more quickly, with less fade etc etc

i want me be a supercharger monster, feed me your superchargers...!

would a bremo brake kit solve the braking issues? or would you go for audo brakes (s4?) or would the carriers need changing.

Also do the rear brake gear need changing too, can you mod the rear to take the disc's/calipers?

i want me be a supercharger monster' date=' feed me your superchargers...!

would a bremo brake kit solve the braking issues? or would you go for audo brakes (s4?) or would the carriers need changing.

Also do the rear brake gear need changing too, can you mod the rear to take the disc's/calipers?[/quote']

Brembos would be ideal. Although 312mm brakes of of some VAG cars would be just as good.

It's worth speaking to Speedo, who's done a very impressive 312mm conversion on his front discs using OEM Audi parts. It works out a lot cheaper than an aftermarket Brembo/Tarox/AP big brake setup..

I'm guessing that that whacking great supercharger has probably used up most of your tuning budget!!

[ Edited Fri Nov 05 2004, 03:35PM ]

Im pretty sure the 312's i saw at Stealth belonged to someone on here - obviously Speedo now 8) .

I knew i saw them :P

Im probably going to go down this route myself - cheapest way to good brakes.

As for upgrading the 280's to 312's you nned to get a set of 288's first then upgrade to 312's from them - you cant do it from 280's B)

Pete.