Im picking up my very first VR6 tomorrow. It's a light silver with some nice deep dish alloys but I want to add my own style to it. Originally, I wanted a car that aswell as sounding mean, looked mean too - so ideally a black, stealthy looking VR6 would've been perfect but I had trouble finding a decent one in my price range.

So I've been thinking about putting a carbon fibre bonnet on my silver VR6, debadged silver grill (which I already have) and some black angel eye head lights - just to make it look a bit more meaner (with possibly some subtle tints). I still want to keep it eurostyle and because it's already got some nice deep dish rims, I was going to get it lowered with a flushed boot lid.

Do you think if I put a carbon fibre bonnet on it with some black headlights, it would look too chavtastic? Will it not be in keeping with the euro look? I really don't know what to do, silver isnt really my colour which is why I thought about adding some black. I just dont want it to look cheap and tacky.

Any suggestions?

I was originally going to get a spray job on whatever car I got but now Im thinking about saving money in the long run. The VR6 i'm getting is mint, the bodywork is immaculate so if I had a spare £2k to spend on a decent respray just for a change in colour then I would, but Ive only got about £1k to spend on the styling.

Argh, decisions!

yep you'll find black demands a higher price lol :)

only messing.. Just weight for a black one to come along? Shouldn't take to long and will save some time

I like carbon bonnets and think black bonnet fogs splitter and tinted headlight would look evil

dont bother resprayin it if the paint is mint, just get one a diff colour in the first place as ppl have said...

i think carbon fibre bonnets are a too chavvy tbh, its more jap thing... same with badboy bonnets imo

put it on its arse debadge it wider wheels?

not sure smoked lights would work with silver tho tbh

Too many people following suit ....... I take my hat off too you for trying a different route ......... Angel eyes debadged grill dropped to the deck and widened this is the road everyone takes the Euro look. If the Carbon Fibre bonnet is a bit jap well so its ur motor style it the way that suits you ...... Right rant over you did ask for opinions and in mine its not for me I think you could spend the money alot more wisely with alot more advantages. NEVER EVER buy a car thats is not the colour want as you may grow to hate it ......... I learnt this with my bright red BMW.

Good Luck

1230928338_8485_FT262152_flame_.jpg

• 1 month later...