Ive tried a few different oils and synta is the best IMO aswell

Others either leave the engine a little noisier or the oil gets used up pretty fast, So I just stick to synta silver and do an oil and filter change every 3k or so as its only 30 mins work

For our climate and following manufacturers spec, semi is the best for the VR6 engine. From past experience, you may find the car uses more oil when using a fully synthetic compared to semi as it's thinner. It may also be a little noisier if its a high miler. My VR is charged now and I'm still using a 10w40 semi synthetic..

• 1 month later...

Very good price for that oil. Where from? Two of those and you'll have plenty for top ups. As long as it's the semi synthetic 10w40 it will be fine. The grade of the oil is the same as Synta so in all fairness should be much the same. It's only the additives that manufacturers add which increase the life of the oil but the viscosity, upper and lower temps of the oil when new are the same. The standard of oil, similar to the British Standard kite mark will also be the same regardless of the make. You'll find this on the side of each bottle. I think it's SJ or SK at the moment.

Kevin