What reeealllly annoys you...

i used to get really annoyed with most drivers but now that i have more power under my foot i drive slower and am calmer lol.

not sure what happened to me.

still hate people that brake 10 years before a turn or brake randomly when driving with nobody in front though

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I drive a lorry. I have driven a bus too.

I can honestly say that when driving a bus i felt like i was king of the rd. i was a good driver though and was polite and curteous to most people.

Driving a lorry is a whole different ball game.. The speed limit by law for a HGV is 60mph, but the vosa say to MOT places that the speed limit is 56mph. so speed limiters are set accordingly. Some MOT places will adjust the limiter to between 50 and 58 mph. therefore if a truck is travelling at 56 and another is behind following and 57 he won't brake slightly as this causes a domino effect, thereby causing a traffic jam. in heavy traffic. rather than do this he indicates and trys to overtake said lorry doing 56 causing some cars to slow down, but there is also another lane for cars to pull into to overtake.

This is why HGV's are not permitted by law to drive in lane 3. ok.. enough of that.. lol

what really annoys me(no racism intended) are black drivers.

They are sooooooooooooo slow at everything they do, don't look where they are going and don't apologize for what they have done wrong because they think they were right in what they were doing but don't actually think they were doing anything wrong.

i don't like when people drive 10mph slower than the signed speed limit when near speed cameras.. thats why there are so many bloody traffic jams on the way in and out of london on the A13.

Grrrrrrrrr

They are sooooooooooooo slow at everything they do' date=' don't look where they are going and don't apologize for what they have done wrong because they think they were right in what they were doing but don't actually think they were doing anything wrong.

[/quote']

A bit of a generalisation there I think. All black drivers or just some? Off the top of my head I can think of at least two black drivers who aren't slow at everything they do and who do apolgise for what they've done wrong and even say thanks if they get let out by another courteous driver. Myself and my cousin Sparkz. I'm a driving Instructor btw and I wouldn't call his car slow (once its back on the road)

As someone who teaches people to drive on a daily basis I have to say that the standard of driving generally is not great. Regardless of race, class, or creed, people forget the fundamentals of safe driving once they pass the driving test. I get annoyed by a lot of things people do whilst i'm instructing, but I take a deep breath and carry on with my job. Drivers who are more confident and who are in a rush will overtake on a blind bend at the brow of a hill, only to stop one car in front in a queue of traffic or at the next set of lights. That sort of thing annoys me. Overtake if you must but choose a safe place and only do it if its necessary for your progress and you can see far enough ahead. Not just to get one car in front and then take the next left as is so often the case. .

Kevin

They are sooooooooooooo slow at everything they do' date=' don't look where they are going and don't apologize for what they have done wrong because they think they were right in what they were doing but don't actually think they were doing anything wrong.

[/quote']

A bit of a generalisation there I think. All black drivers or jsut some? Off the top of my head I can think of at least two black drivers who aren't slow at everything they do and who do apolgise for what they've done wrong and even say thanks if they get let out by another courteous driver. Myself and my cousin Sparkz. I'm a driving Instructor btw

That is a very sweeping statement there mate.......not nice at all.

There are bad drivers whether they are black, white, pink, orange or blue!!!!

Given my experience of instructors I'd have to say it's a minority as I don't like to generalise. If it was all of us nobody would pass their test.

I teach the following. If a student is turning left or right, after checking the relevant mirrors, the appropriate signal should be applied well in advance of the turn. I also teach them to expect the unexpected. This includes the vehicle infront having to perform an emergency stop regardless of the reason. So I always say keep a safe distance from the vehicle infront just incase they don't signal correctly or it cancels before they turn. I also teach them to read the road ahead of the car in front and not just wait for brake lights to come on before starting to slow down. The nature of learning anything is that you will make mistakes so as a learner or an experienced driver, be prepared for the worst and if it doesn't happen you win and if it does you still win. As an HGV diver I'm sure you appreciate he benefits of reading the road ahead and givng drivers in general but learners especially, a bit more time to do the simplest of tasks and also to make the odd mistake. Nobody is perfect.

If you take down the name's of the Driving Schools that in your view have not been teaching correctly, and report them to the DSA, they will take the appropriate action.

Actually, in fairness, the only damage done to my cars by others has been in my place of work....walsgrave hospital. Every knock has happened while I've been walking from/to or sat in the car. Everytime they've tried to drive off as fast as possible while avoiding eye contact and the 6ft 5 wall running at them with waving arms. All have been women, all driving cars worth less than my own and 6 out of the 7 being african/carribbian immigrants working as cleaners or kitchen staff.

One still had my front bumper from my rover stuck under the front of their car and damage to the front o/s corner. Proceeded, when I blocked her in the car park by standing in her way, to phone the police and deny any knowledge. That is until the police and hospital security turned up and had to physically show her the white bumper sticking up into her grill that she ignored purposefully.

With the pictures and a witness statement though, her company instantly admitted liability and paid me the £600 value of my car (repair would have cost £890). With that 600 and the 200 from the breakers, I bought my mk3 1.8 :D.

The skin colour or vehicle of the offending person must stick in the victims head no matter how many people with their skin coulour offend them....all comes down to a memorable characteristic. People just can't help it.

Grrrrrrrrr

[/quote']

So the man with the pink car has taken it to this level......

Grrrrrrrrr

[/quote']

So the man with the pink car has taken it to this level......

lmao lmfao ....

oh yeah and im puttin money on pat NOT being one of the soooooooooooo slow drivers !!

being a driving instructor then.. can u tell me' date=' is it just a few or all instructors that don't teach how to use a turn signal correctly? i find a lot of learners(at least 7 schools in a 1/4mile radius) don't use the indicators to turn past parked cars..

[/quote']

This is the way that i was taught. Only indicate if you stop behind a parked car. If you don't stop don't indicate as it might be lead other drivers to think your turning right ... Silly as it sounds thats how they teach it now

when you're driving?

After a long spell of driving up the M1 ealier' date=' I decided to find out what pi**es you all off about others driving habbits?

[/quote']

not indicating for me ( too - I havent read the entire thread ;-) ). how hard is it? traffic would flow alot better if eveyrone did! And not just fior car drivers, indicating is for pedestrians aswell. I lost count of the times I nearly got knocked down crossing a local dual carriageway as 'nobody' ever indicated when joining via a roundabout 100m down it.

[/quote']

A bit of a generalisation there I think.

um yeah a total one and totally ridiculous thing to say inmo !!

I tend to find people with my skin colour' date=' white, know what they do wrong and tend to lean toward being aggressive. Other skin coloured people tend to be oblivious to their surroundings and tootle about without a care in the world....

[/quote']

oh and a second candidate for sweeping generalisation of the day !!!

[/quote']

A bit of a generalisation there I think.

um yeah a total one and totally ridiculous thing to say inmo !!

I tend to find people with my skin colour' date=' white, know what they do wrong and tend to lean toward being aggressive. Other skin coloured people tend to be oblivious to their surroundings and tootle about without a care in the world....

[/quote']

oh and a second candidate for sweeping generalisation of the day !!!

I notice that, not only do you need prozac, but you also left out a KEY part of that paragraph that had the words "IN MY EXPERIENCE". In future, I'd be full of joy joy feelings if you included the other part of my comment that actually made what you replied with, useless. Mmmmmkay? :)

It's a shame the law, people and other mitigating factors have turned peoples freedom of speech into a restricted joke and people consider any sentence with the words "skin colour", to be serious.

I spend every 12hr work shift looking after atleast 2 or 3 non english speaking patients after their families have bought them over here for treatment. I see them as equals with every right to be here, to be treated, to be looked after and cared for. I never ever embark on any racist jab or banter.....just to make sure you all know I'm not in the slightest discriminant.

As for generalisations, YOU must assume that when anybody says....even with the words "IN MY EXPERIENCE", anything at all, that they MUST mean it is fact. Please take a moment after reading threads, to really think about an appropriate response. Not everyone is out to generalise about what everyone else should think or encounter.

I've retracted said paragraph to keep everyone happy and I apologise for any nerves struck, not my intention.

I didn't for one second accuse you of being racist mate !!!

all I said and I stand by it is that to accuse millions of people of being bad drivers after your experiences with a tiny minority of them is a sweeping generalisation - I have only had one crash in my life and it was caused by a white woman but I would never say "all white female drivers are rubbish" - race was not mentioned mate

But I did actually say buddy, that it was the few people I encountered that did this, nowhere in my comment did I say it was everyone. It is the way the comment is percieved.

Yes I know you didn't accuse me of being racist, but with what was said, I felt I had to give myself grounds to stand on as several people would consider it a touchy subject.

To add to this there's a few sustain areas of Birmingham that are full of people that blantly have never seen a driving test yet alone a lesson and there standard of driving it very poor...

I keep my eyes open as i know if i where to have a crash a big % of the drives wont have insurance

To add to this there's a few sustain areas of Birmingham that are full of people that blantly have never seen a driving test yet alone a lesson and there standard of driving it very poor...

I keep my eyes open as i know if i where to have a crash a big % of the drives wont have insurance

I haven't driven in Brmingham for years but I'd agree with you that a large percentage of bad driving is caused by uninsured and non licenced drivers as they feel they have very little to lose apart from a £150 fine and points on a licence they don't have *-) .

But I did actually say buddy' date=' that it was the few people I encountered that did this, nowhere in my comment did I say it was everyone. It is the way the comment is percieved.

Yes I know you didn't accuse me of being racist, but with what was said, I felt I had to give myself grounds to stand on as several people would consider it a touchy subject.

[/quote']

ok mate then lets just agree to disagree about the finer points of how to interpret a comment and I agree that nobody was being rasict - put it all behind otherwise Craig will slap our wrists and send us to the naughty step ;)

I drive a lorry. I have driven a bus too.

Grrrrrrrrr

[/quote']

...bit like me saying ' all lorry drivers murder prostitutes'......