anyone fitted a b&m short shift them selves?

any one done this job themselves at home or on the drive or anything

venom recommended its a job for the garage

they said it involves getting the car up in the air and removing the exhaust heat shield and dropping the linkage from underneath ...i didnt this this was the case i thought the whole job was done from in the cabin?

i usually always work on the car my self b ut its all on my drive and im just not feeling the current weather

i keep fallin ill everytime i go out out and do some work on the car or even gie it a wash

how long would the job take a garage u think? or even how much do you think a garage would charge?

thanx a lot peoples ...glad to see this is the case!

i did have a look to be honest before just knocking up a thread

the problemsi could see was that oce i undid the first 13mm bolt that hold the large pivoting pin i could nto get it to pull out fully as it woud clear past some of the housing

without the pivoting pin out i cant get the shifter out

pm sent to sankysvr6 ..thanx

ok got hold of the instructions on my pc now

"step 9" is where i got got stuck tryin to slide the "pivot rod" out ...on a mk3 theres a raised lip of metal that protudes from the tunnel - it prevents the pivot rod from sliding past it

the diagrams in the instruction are based on a mk4

any suggestions from anyone who has fitted this upto a mk3 vr6? thanx

• 5 weeks later...

juts thought id drop a quick update

fitted this up - did it from the top aswel ..just bent a bit of the lip out the way - no big deal at all u cant even tell

and would like to say f-ing hell its made a big difference ..the throw is tiny - i dont think could ever go back to the standard shift!

ive still got the remaining gruven short shift bit to fit up and the new selector bracket and also the metal bushes - so cant wait to check that out

only thing i woud liek to complain abaout if the ifttin of the b&m - not enjoyabel at all! ..instructions are shit and pictures are crap to

also the retaning e clip that goes onb the side of the shifter to lock it into place snapped when i went to reuse it (b&m dont supply a new one) so i had to order one from vw which took 2-3 days and cost 25p

so for 25 pennies worth of parts i had to wait an additional 2-3 dyas after fitting up the thing - u can imagine how pissed i was!

overall i wopuld rate it as - fitment is shit! (not enjoyable!) but using the thing on the real road is great

• 2 weeks later...