[poll] Vr6 Next Car ????

Hi every1 new to the forum been checking the site out looks good got a lot of info on here which will be usefull if i decide to buy a vr6. The last car i owned was a vw lupo 1.4s for insurance reasons i have now sold it an am looking for a new car. Atm i am stuck between buying a vr6 or going back to the audi coupe 2.2e that i used to own my favorite car out of all the cars i have owned any ideas how the vr6 will perfome compared to my old audi as i dont want to go out buy 1 and regret it theres only so much you can find out on a test drive. Any ideas/opinions welcome

look forward to hearin from u guys

Are you talking about the Audi Coupe 2.2E which is 136bhp? If so, then that alone should give the answer you need!

Apart from that, i can't say i know alot about the Audi and i (like most others on here) will be completely biased towards the VR! However, it isn't just because we are biased that we say the VR is an awsome car to drive. It really is. Just go for a test drive, you'll see what we mean ;)

is the 2.2 the 4 cylinder lump???

I have had the pleaseure of having a go in 4&5 cylinder lumps in the old audi coupe. Very nice car! However, once you cross to the dark side there is no returniing...

looking at a Coupe..... " this isn't the car you want".... "move along..... Move along"

:D

Go out in one. Just find one and test drive it even if you're not going to buy that particular one! Remember to have the window down through tunnels

:D

I dont know anything about the audi coupe but my real love is pulsar gtirs and as it is off the road atm i brought a cheap vr6 to run around in.

The vr6 is obviously not as fast as the gtir but is still a fast motor in its own right,and i really do quite like the engine.

As said above you can really just burble along at low speeds very nicely aswell as open it up on motorways etc.

The engine is a little bit flat in the low revs and a little bit to talled geared,but when you get above 3750-4000rpm it really does pull very well all the way to the redline and sound surperb when doing so.

You can get in the 30s mpg if driven sensebly but i would expect around 25-28 mpg with normal driving.

As for the car which is a golf its a little bit wallowy on the standard shocks which makes it feel lardy but tbh it aint that bad if you just want a nice car to cruise around in,if not uprate the shocks and i am sure it will feel a lot better.

If i was you depending on how much you want to spend i would look for a well speced highline with the 2.9 engine [as its ment to be better] or maybe even a corrado vr6?

There really is something about the vr6 i cant put my finger on, but i understand why people love these car so much.

Go for the vr6 id say as i dont think you would regret it.

thanks for all the info not to keen on the corrado as even tho its a nice car i have 3 in my family already and atm no1 i know has got a vr6 golf plus i like golf and in my opion the corrado is just the vw version of the audi coupe i have been looking around and i think i will be getting a highline but i seriously doubt i will be getting 25mpg in my 2.2 audi i was getting around 10mpg when i took a trip over the snake pass (a57) and by the time i got home needed new tyres all round lol

If i was you depending on how much you want to spend i would look for a well speced highline with the 2.9 engine [as its ment to be better] or maybe even a corrado vr6?

Cant get a mk3 Golf with a 2.9 VR6 engine unless its had an engine swap. The 2.9 only came in the 'rados. I think you're thinking of the 2.8 OBDII engine which is better then the OBD1 engine. If that is the casethe Highline model you speak of only came with OBD2 engine so you dont need to worry about paying extra for the better engine!

Anyway go for a VR, it DEFINATELY makes sense!