450hp supercharged vr6

hello guys my first post on the forum, im from south-africa, but moving to the uk next year. ill be returning to SA and then i want to supercharge my vr6.

What supercharge would you guys suggest? i red allot about the vortech chargers but looks like they not going to meet my power figures im looking for, as im anyways going to rebuild the engine with forged internals and ill be running standalone mangement aswell, but i don't know if the rotrex is the better option or if the vortech is?vortech seems to be giving problems running at high boost.

what else should i look out for when building such a high powered vr6?

thanks guys info much appreciated ;)

iv never known a supercharged vr6 hitting 450bhp. you should go turbo if your looking for that much power.

You not seen Jakes then......all be it a 3.2 24v version its still a vr6

If where honest its not, Its 400cc bigger, got 12 more valves and still short by 20bhp

I think alex's was around 400-450 when he was running 20psi on the rotrex

yup rotex all the way for those figures......

things to look at.. (in no order off my head, if you havent already of couse decided)

Lower compression engine with Cams and Pistons

Good Exhaust and manifold system for that level of flow

intercooler vs charge cooler for your needs

fuel pump and pipes

4" MAF?

standalone may be better than a remap

traction control

4 wheel drive???

clutch upgrade.

Oil cooler

BIG brakes

suspension/bushes/mounts/braces/rollbars

so just build from scratch then.... Well as you go and discover stuff keep us all up to date

i wouldnt go 3l personally the walls are just too thin + you wont gain much at all

vortech arnt what your looking for if your after 450 hp mate im running 12 psi and 320 and thats on the limit due to belt slip i know of 1 12v vr6 running 400 hp with a rotrex but i dont know of any1 running a vortech at more than 320 hp the charger will take more boost but the belt tension would have to be stupid

for the cost of spending on the 12v and imo unrelaibly enlarging the piston size, and extensive internal works you would do better with a 24v lump, in the 1st place. until my 3.2 engine i have had 2 vr's, 2x 2.8 lumps and 2x 2.9's and in all honesty, the decent 2.8 made more power.

I would advise to sell the 2.8 & search for a 3.2 which is ultimately far more tunable and loves the rotrex :)

Jake