First Pod trip

went to Santa Pod yesterday for run what ya brung. Was a lot of fun but......

first run went well, ran 15.45 for the quarter, was pretty chuffed.

Second run thought id give it more welly off the line, revs shot up without me going anywhere, like i was wheelspinning but i wasnt, changed down to 2nd and revs were still massive.

runs 3 & 4 were more cautious(15.8 and 16.0), car still didnt feel right.

Same thing happening on drive home - felt like wheelspin at 100mph in 5th?!

Im guessing ive burnt out the clutch somehow and that its now slipping? How much to have it replaced anyone know?

Bugger, not what i wanted to hear but i kind of guessed it was bad. Could i have wrecked the clutch from one trip to the pod? or is it likely it would have gone before long anyway (119k miles).

Want to have another go at 1/4 mile but not if i risk having this happen every time :(

Once a clutch starts lipping as it did when you pulled away in 1st gear if you keep your foot in for more than a second or so you can take the friction plate down to the rivets in seconds - literally.

Try driving round gently in the car for a hundred miles or so and give the plate a chance to bed in again - no wide open throttle high gear scenarios - you might be lucky..

Pete.

I think im going to put the car into hibernation for the winter, i do love the car but its just been one thing after another since i got it and is getting 1. expensive 2. to be a headache

I reckon i can live without it whilst at uni so im hoping it will last the journey back to my parents where im going to wash it, put a cover over it, and see how it get on without it.

I think im going to put the car into hibernation for the winter' date=' i do love the car but its just been one thing after another since i got it and is getting 1. expensive 2. to be a headache

[/quote']

sounds like my vr...if you're not loosing too much money trade it up for another. will prob get worse before it gets better, thats what mine did. but theres light at the end of the road i hope!

Its safely tucked up at home now, feels like a weight has been lifted!! :)

The drive home was fine, no slippage. So maybe it will bed itself down yet :)

Just going to leave it there for a bit whilst i think about my next move. Have been thinking about selling up for a while now - just fancy something different.

The VR hasnt been quite as 'bombproof' as i had hoped, nor does it have the breakneck performance i expected. Its kind of a good allrounder that excels at nothing. Still a good car though.