'Clonking' noise

as i drive there is this feintish clonking noise coming from either the front or back or both, all it takes is a little uneven surface to trigger the 'clonk'

i have new adjustable coilovers put in about a month and a bit ago so dont know if it would have anything to do with this, sounds like shock mounts to me?? would the coilovers have these? or would my standard ones still be in place?

cheers

I seem to be getting this as well. Just fitted my coilovers about 3 weeks ago with new top mounts. I think the noise is more coming from the back though. I though getting the rear axle bushes sorted would have solved it but it hasnt. :-(

I had this problem a while ago, and thought it was the exhaust or something, anyway got it up on the ramps and after a good look round found a dangling breather bottle or what ever it is in the nearside arch, tied it back up and no more noise sorted,hope its as easy for you to fix

i changed all my top mounts when i fitted my coilovers, and didnt get the noise, but they did creak for a little whil on turning, which i believe may have just been the springs settling in. id change your top mounts and see if that helps, only costs about £50 for the lot for standard VW.