Insurance Quote - Woohoo!!

Just called Brentacre to get a quote on the VR when my renewal's up in a month's time.

I was expecting a massive hit considering the spec of the car and the fact that Tesco charged me £800 last year on a 'standard' VR !dodge

Spec:

*Schrick Inlet Manifold

*Schrick Cams

*Milltek Exhaust

*Ramair

*Koni Coilovers

*BBS RC's

*Soon to be fitted ZR2 Charger

The guy took all of the above into account including the fitting of the charger, my NCD of 5years and my 3 points..........and came up with a Fully Comp Premium with protected NCD of........

£734.70

I thought that was superb!

Top job, well chuffed with that :D

I got mine through Admiral this year and they were the cheapest by far - around £450 ish iirc - admittedly it did go up when i asked for instalments over a 12 month period but still around £600 with all mods declared 8o) .

Ill have to give them a ring to see how i stand adding a charger to mine - might even have to change companys soon :o

Oh im 31 by the way and really should know better :P

Pete.

I'm 28 :)

In that case I'll defo give them a buzz.

At the ripe old age of 35 I should get cover for about £50!

Although insurance starts to go up once you get doddery flat cap doesn't it?

LMAO. They were really helpful' date=' give them a try. 01792 650933 or 01685 383838

[ Edited Fri Oct 15 2004, 11:10AM ']

im 24 with 1 ncb and got a quote from admiral for £460 all mods inc

I'm fecking 25 with 3 years no-claims and I can't get under 800 quid for some reason..

maybe its the charger etc on yours, or cos i have a very very very good postcode was only £730 for my first year with 0 ncb

I couldn't get through to Brentacre when I was doing mine at the begining of this month.

Best quote was from Adrian Flux £498 with NCD protected - I was well chuffed.

(I'm 28 with 7 years NCD - although the max discount they count is 5).

Mods declared - although it hasn't got much done yet, just front brakes up-rated really.

But it's on a modified cover & I got the impression that I could do a lot more without the premium going up! Just have to pay £15 for admin costs, everytime you update the policy.

just a thought ilost my ncb when i got the works van as i didnt take insurance out for 5 years having a look round a few companys do this i got a letter from my then boss saying i had been driving a company vehicle (dont tell them its a van just say vecicle or this dose not count) for 5 years with no claims and they gave me 5 years ncb might help some of you might not but it saved me i bita money i no direct line do this as it was them i did it with might be someone on here in same boat its worth a try

Does anyone else over 30 own a VR6?

You can't all be driving Volvo estates (and not V70R's ;) ).

On the plus side to being an old giffer I've just finished the yearly frantic insurance company phone-a-thon and been astounded (really).

Brentacre (cheers Minty) came out 2nd best in the end (£650) with Tesco wanting a laughable £1953. A Plan were about the same as Brentacre but I went to HIC last and with all mods declared (ok, I said I wasn't sure of exact power output ;) ) I've got comp cover for me and the trouble for £486 :o:o !amazed

Includes trackdays too if I get a fire extinguisher!? (As if you're more likely to set your car on fire than stuff it into a barrier).

HIC rock - love 'em.

I'm 21 with all mods declared and 4 points for a speeding offence and I got quoted £1000 fully comp with 3 years NCB, but that'll be going up to 4 years at the start of January when my policy is up for renewal so hopefully it'll be coming down a big chunk.

Does anyone else over 30 own a VR6?

You can't all be driving Volvo estates (and not V70R's ;) ).

On the plus side to being an old giffer I've just finished the yearly frantic insurance company phone-a-thon and been astounded (really).

Brentacre (cheers Minty) came out 2nd best in the end (£650) with Tesco wanting a laughable £1953. A Plan were about the same as Brentacre but I went to HIC last and with all mods declared (ok' date=' I said I wasn't sure of exact power output ;) ) I've got comp cover for me and the trouble for [b']£486 :o:o !amazed

Includes trackdays too if I get a fire extinguisher!? (As if you're more likely to set your car on fire than stuff it into a barrier).

HIC rock - love 'em.

Damn that's good.......off to give HIC a bell ;)

Just had a call back from A Plan to say they have lowered their quote to £550. (Got an auction for my business going on!)

The guy did say that some insurance companies are better than others for different locations. Might explain why HIC are cheapest for me and Brentacre for you Minty.

Big difference though.

Just had a call back from A Plan to say they have lowered their quote to £550. (Got an auction for my business going on!)

The guy did say that some insurance companies are better than others for different locations. Might explain why HIC are cheapest for me and Brentacre for you Minty.

Big difference though.

Big difference indeed. I think i'll go with Brentacre.

Just transferred my VR to Adrian Flux from Greenlight for just over £500 with 5 years NCB.

Also what makes a difference to the quotes are the different deals that the insurance deals that the insurance companies set up with the brokers. We found this out when getting quotes from Greenlight and Adrian Flux both from Highway (which HIC also use) and the quotes varied massively.

• 2 weeks later...