My supercharged golf - the love affair is over, it's gone :(

have you ever changede you ignition switch??

the new one is black' date='and non vw omes are crap

it will make loads off dif. problems as everysthing comes thrue there it´s dirt cheap from vw,takes 30min to do for 2 guys

best regards

RIX

[/quote']

cheers for the advice mate - not thought about doing it but might be well worth it !! will add it to my list of things :)

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just sorted him anothe maf' date=' im sure that will olve his problem, if not im popping over tommorrow, with a hammer , gaffer tape and cable ties.. should solve at least one problem :)

[/quote']

:o:o yeah cheers for that matey - as Jim says Tony I have a new maf which I am fairly sure is the problem and will be fitting it first thing tomorrow and praying !!! if not will kick something very very hard, swear a lot and then go to the pub !

right so then it turns out the MAF was the problem and even with clearing the fault codes with my vagcom it didn't seem to clear it up. However a mate of mine said "have you tried disconecting the battery", nope I thought but worth a go, so just took off the positive plug for 10 mins and then re-connected it all up and blow me down it runs perfectly !!! so it seems that using the battery to reset the ECU is the way forward once you have changed the faulty part !! note to all you suffering the same probs as me - change a part do the battery thing then try it again :) :)

going to now change all the other bits that need doing and hopefully have it running sweetly so I can organise my european breakdown cover etc for Germany :) :) woo hoo am so happy

well done ben bet you aint stopped smilling yet lol... all i got do is 4 tyres oh and a head gasket ... lol

I wish - not running right again so back to the workshop again tomorrow with a couple of new bits to fit and hopefully clear the prob this time think we are getting closer !!! :)

looked up directline european cover and for my car & it came out at £33 ;-)

:o fingers crossed ot won't come to that !! will let you know tomorrow matey :)

The valver is booked in for a sevice and to have a water pipe replaced on monday, just in case it needed for the trip.

right so the car runs and idles beautifully no hunting no jerking or anything but still after 3-4 mins of being sat there it will just die - turn the key again and it fires straight back up no worries and then again after a few mins it dies again !! had it on vagcom and no faults at all come up - changed coilpack, maf, throttle body and cleaned isv, changed plugs and leads and hoses recently.

I think it might be the immobiliser as it dies very quickly no juddering or anything so fairly sure it's electrical related rather than a fuel problem.

Any ideas welcome as this is really starting to do my head in :-( :-( :-( :-(