My supercharged golf - the love affair is over, it's gone :(

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

get custom one ben push the boat out and go 30 mm lol and slap a wee bit of camber on them ...

(h) (h) it's an idea mate !! maybe ?

No they were ok. Well the backs could of come out a bit but they were 17s so they use to catch a bit if I had people in the back.

yeah I often have peeps in the back so dont want to push them out too far - maybe 15mm would just give that extra poke without causing rubbing issues

get custom one ben push the boat out and go 30 mm lol and slap a wee bit of camber on them ...

f*ck a wee bit' date=' go the full hog and get that camber so bad that the toe in fact becomes the heel! Yer with some way too wide BBS wheels..... sceeeeeeeeeeene! hehe

[/quote']

Ollie you are way to scene for school mate ;);)

• 2 weeks later...

Right a small update got some new front and rear lights on ( cheers Tony :) ) and then at the pod last week Jim and Tony did an F1 style speedy change of my suspension !! so now the coilies are on as well. It's too low for driving round here and is like sitting on a bouncy castle as you go along :o so it's going in next week to have the allignment and tracking done and be raised a little bit as well :)

Oh and sorry it's not very clean :-(

1235660512_5463_FT249558_p1070855_.jpg

1235660512_5463_FT249558_p1070856_.jpg

1235660512_5463_FT249558_p1070858_.jpg

well picked the car up from the garage after having the alignment, camber etc done and it drives so much better, nice straight and true - got -0.50 camber on the fronts and -1.10 on the back and sits perfectly.

Had the suspension raised by about 1 1/2 inches all the way round and the ride is now perfect as well - no more bashing my head on the ceiling ;) and can drive down b roads again !! But for budget coilies I think they are very good nice and level round the bends but not too crashy.

Am so so happy with it - will get some pics up when I have given her a clean, no where near as low as it was but I think it's a good compromise and the wheels still fill the arches well.

Am a very happy little dubber tonight :) :)

saw a few pics of an amazing vr from America and have used that as my inspiration for a new plan and been collecting the bits slowly but surely and it's starting to come together - not 100% convinced yet but like the idea and it will be different !! - here is a sneak preview ;) ;) more info will be forthcoming :)

1236797406_5463_FT249558_corner_teaser.jpg

the car has been running beautifully for the last few months but then today driving along the motorway the car felt like it was dropping power as I was just driving along normally, so I check the engine temp and that was fine, the oil temp was fine (102) so I carried on a bit and then when i put my foot down the engine felt like it was loosing power and almost cutting out !!! I pulled over and had a look under the bonnet - could not see anything majoe amiss. So drove off again and all the way back it seemed like it was not wanting to accelerate ?? anyone got any ideas ?

yeah we seem to be having similar probs :( nope no loud noises and couldn't hear anything that sounded like a missfire, just seemed to drop off the power and then a few seconds later would pick the power back up *-) after changing the plugs, leads and cleaning maf etc it was running well and cured all of the other faults and now this !!

I'm sure you know what I'm gonna say but I'll do it anyway: VAG-COM ;-)

I'm free tomorrow.

yeah I know - and thanks for the offer mate :) down in Ipswich this weekend so may well pop over and see Jim tomorrow morning and have downloaded the bits Pete suggested so can try and get mine working !!