Rotrex superchargers

How does the Rotrex seem to not suffer from belt slit yet the vortech does' date=' its not got a toothed belt like g40s and g60s does it?

[/quote']

Uses the Stock Belt Tensioner, seen almost 19psi on mine the vortech v9 struggled at 12psi, 8-10psi is safest

I'm just saying its not the most attractive set up' date=' a polished Vortech looks nicer but I dont think there's any denying the Rotrex is the superoir supercharger.

Just out of interest, what are the containers located close to the charger? The black one is for the Aquamist right but what are the other two? (black one with pipes going to it and greyish one that looks like its for filling something up)

[/quote']

The black one with the blue lid is the Rotrex traction oil reservoir, the other black one is a ZF Engineering oil seperator and the beige one is a Ford power steering reservoir bottle which I used to run to enable me to fill up the charge cooler.

Still loving those figures Bobby!

Still loving those figures Bobby!

Cheers matey might see a bit more once 2.5 exhaust / bosch injectors are in

Cant wait to see yours mate when do you reckon it will be up and running

What made you choose going 2.5" over 3"?

Im aiming for the rolling road day on November 1st but time is ticking by and progress is slow at the moment.

How does the Rotrex seem to not suffer from belt slit yet the vortech does' date=' its not got a toothed belt like g40s and g60s does it?

[/quote']

Superior engineering ;-)

The Vortech is just 2 semi helical gears meshing together and when you have such a big upscale in gearing, the resistance to turn is massive, hence the belt slip issues.

The Rotrex uses a very clever gear system which doesn't need so much belt tension.