Got a lovely parcel today.....

Nice - when are you going to fit it - if its Sunday i might be up for lending a hand if your interested ?! - need to have a look as ill be going down this route myself soon 8o)

Pete.

Pete

Can't fit it yet as i need to book a mapping session. I've got Stage 1&2 software, but the charger came from an OBD2 car so the software's different so i'm led to believe.

Hopefully enlisting Tommy's spanner skills at some stage, but by all means come up when we do it. Be good to meet you.

Minty - which charger did you get?

Just out of interest' date=' did you have to pay any import duty or vat when it was shipped over ?

Sam[/quote']

It's a Z-Engineering Charger, Originally a ZR1 but recently upgraded to full ZR2 spec with cogged belts etc.

Yep, had to pay the dreaded VAT @ 17.5% and duty at 2.7%.

Shipping was $150....about £90.

Thatll be great Mark - ill bring me spanners too :! ,

Good job its not this w/e really as im doing a clutch on a friends Saab 900 turbo and ive got my old black beast back in the driveway for some more mods for its new owner - might even have to take some more piccys of it whilst its here 8o)

Just let us know when you plan to do it and ill be there :P

Pete.

Thatll be great Mark - ill bring me spanners too :! ' date='

Good job its not this w/e really as im doing a clutch on a friends Saab 900 turbo and ive got my old black beast back in the driveway for some more mods for its new owner - might even have to take some more piccys of it whilst its here 8o)

Just let us know when you plan to do it and ill be there :P

Pete.[/quote']

Coolio.

Busy weekend for you then Pete ;)

Looking at the weekend 23/24 October ;)

i take it this kit you've bought isnt new' date=' or is it? or as new, so to speak! how much have you paid in total for it mark and you reckon its going to be easy enough to fit and drive without being mapped after?[/quote']

It's originally a ZR1 CHarger, but was recently sent back to Z-Engineering HQ for a full ZR2 upgrade incl. cogged belts etc.

Let's just put it this way, it was too good a deal to pass up ;)

There's not too much involved to fit it either. There's a few things i've got to overcome because it's originally from an OBD2, like relocation of the MAF etc....but nothing too major.

Apparantly it should be fine to drive as long is i don't go above 4000rpm where it starts to boost. Luckily it's only 20 miles odd to where i'm having the mapping done.