Uprated strut/top mounts - where can I get them?

As the title says really...

I'm having some FK coilovers fitted and have been advised by the garage to change the top mounts to uprated ones. Trouble is i dont know where to find them.

Does anyone know where I can buy some for the front and rear?

I have checked ebay and found some new standard spec ones but i'm after uprated ones.

Any help would be great.

in answer to your question i believe venom do some uprated top mounts, but by "uprated" all that is is the actual rubber moulding is 15mm less in length,thus allowing you to have your car 15mm lower, so if you've got the FK high-sport or konig-sport kit, it will allready adjust upto -90 mm. Its good practice to change the top mounts, ive jus done mine and the front mounts and bearing kit from vw is about £40:00, the rear's, are actually about 11 pieces per side, including all the associated washers and bearings and stuff and were £60:00, so unless your running some 14" rims, id suggest putting in new standard top mounts, then saving up a few pennies and spend the extra money on an uprated anti roll bar, drop link and all associated bushes, that wll be a lot more beneficial then these so called "uprated" mounts.

• 1 year later...

in answer to your question i believe venom do some uprated top mounts' date=' but by "uprated" all that is is the actual rubber moulding is 15mm less in length,thus allowing you to have your car 15mm lower, so if you've got the FK high-sport or konig-sport kit, it will allready adjust upto -90 mm. Its good practice to change the top mounts, ive jus done mine and the front mounts and bearing kit from vw is about £40:00, the rear's, are actually about 11 pieces per side, including all the associated washers and bearings and stuff and were £60:00, so unless your running some 14" rims, id suggest putting in new standard top mounts, then saving up a few pennies and spend the extra money on an uprated anti roll bar, drop link and all associated bushes, that wll be a lot more beneficial then these so called "uprated" mounts.

[/quote']

Venom say in their product spec.... "Why fit polyurethane top mounts? When a vehicle has been fitted with a performance suspension kit extra stress and strain is transferred to the rubber top mount and bearing. Over a period of time this extra stress begins to weaken and crack the factory fit rubber mounts. This results in poor handling and vague steering. Tracking and camber can also be affected.

Replacing the top mounts with a factory supplied rubber item could mean the problem may happen again."

Is this true or sales BS?

Had originals replaced @ 65k with VW items then added a lowered kit. Now MOT advise top mounts worn (@ 140k).......

Ta