[b][i]ABS light after brake discs, pads and bearing change![/i][/b]

Hey guys...

As of Saturday i have had my front and rear: brake discs, pads and bearing changed on my VR but since then the ABS light stays constantly illuminated and the hazard brake warning lamp remains on the dash as if the handbrake is on although i have checked and there are no brake lights on. The ABS started to appear on Friday before the change but now it remains constantly on. Also, yesterday in 1st at around 2k revs before changing a moan/whine could be heard as if it was the pump (?) was struggling but on todays drive i could not hear it.

As you can tell im not too clued up on the ABS system but is there a quick fire solution (apart from removing the bulbs) to fix both warning lights?

Is there a fuse that can be removed to de-activate the ABS system or any other alternatives?

Any help/advice would be much appriciated!

Thanks

Mark

i think they retail for about a tenner each if they cant remember swopping them over they havent done it. They wont come in a wheel bearing kit either . They orginally should be like a circullar almost cage design to be wacked onto the rear of the disc they generally dont last the test of time so usually need replacing on disc replacment

hth

sounds like a sensor has gone, maybe more than one,

if it was on before the brake change,

the handbrake light is also connected to the abs system, to the front sensors so vince at stealth told me when he chcked mine with the laptop,

the best thing to do is get it hooked up to vag come to check for any fault codes,

regards jon.

Cheers Jon, is it costly though to get a diagnostic?

Im gonna try and get the necassary things done for free at the garage that done the change as it didnt appear before so theyve balls'd up somehwere! It seems fine but seeing them two lights is annoying already after just getting it on the road!

Ok cheers guys, ive just had the ABS rings on the rear put on, the handbrake light is now off but the ABS light still remains on. The diagnostics was done and yep you guys were right, issues with the sensors but am not gonna get them done....couldnt be f**ked for something minor!

How easy is it to remove the ABS fuse?!

Am gonna take the VR6 down to Ace Cafe later and if the moan/whine is gone il be happy

I jst got my rears changed and had same issue with ABS light after. VAG com'd it and i need rings replaced and error in my ABS pump :S. Doesnt seem to effect braking though so going to change rings and then leave pump unless anyone has one going cheap?!

On a different note, i need a new ECU relay (is that right?) how much will that set me back and where does it belong once i have it?