C2 motorsports UK NA software tested

Went to Stealth racing at the weekend for dyno shoot out organised by our local vw club Rubbadubz.co.uk

0BD II 2.8

DRC 268s

Carbonio CAI

eBay 6 branch

mk4 HG

C2 UK NA software

Very pleased with results

216.9bhp @ 6189rpm (118mph in 4th gear)

192.2 lb/ft @ 5297rpm

Earnt a trophy for highest NA power of the day.

Big thanks to C2 motorsports UK for writing some cracking software for the VR6.

You tube vid of power run -

gvkpowergraph001.jpg

Power

gvktorque.jpg

Torque

gvksummary.jpg

Summary.

Note how the mid-range torque ramps up, it's made the car a lot more responsive on the road, which is what you need...

im running c2 42# software in my daily driver vr6t.The car runs just like vw intended ,it starts on the button and runs really smooth ,no hesitations or flat spots at all.I won the mk3class sprint at gti international this year with this software.

Can't do Sunday mate, but I appreciate the offer...... :-)

Nothing really wrong with the Standalone, apart from my own fussiness. It's a TPS v RPM map, so there's some part throttle inconsistency, but other than that, it's really good.

I'm in the middle of writing a load based map (MAP) which should be more consistent in the part throttle.

I've been fiddling with the standalone for 18 months and now I just want to get in and drive and not think about it.

OBD2 has really good idle control and Mass air measurement is a lot nicer for low speed driving, so they're the main reasons I'm going C2. There's certainly nothing wrong with Standalones, you just have to be in the mood for it, and I'm not all of the time, LOL!

• 5 weeks later...

Can't do Sunday mate' date=' but I appreciate the offer...... :-)

Nothing really wrong with the Standalone, apart from my own fussiness. It's a TPS v RPM map, so there's some part throttle inconsistency, but other than that, it's really good.

I'm in the middle of writing a load based map (MAP) which should be more consistent in the part throttle.

I've been fiddling with the standalone for 18 months and now I just want to get in and drive and not think about it.

OBD2 has really good idle control and Mass air measurement is a lot nicer for low speed driving, so they're the main reasons I'm going C2. There's certainly nothing wrong with Standalones, you just have to be in the mood for it, and I'm not all of the time, LOL!

[/quote']

Nice to hear that you are finaly thinking off a C2 setup. Offcourse standalone is better if you are gonna boost things up. But at what cost?? Looking foreward to the 630cc OBD2 turbo tune. Ive been talking warm about C2 for almost 1.5 year. Not that many in this forum that was a fan off it. Is that because no one was using it? Only reading Vortex and about the old C2 tune?

Anyway, the C2 Turbo software is awesome.

Usual car forum stuff aint it... :)

Someone with a big gob and a small brain buys software, it doesn't work because of some issue with their particular car, they bad mouth it on every forum under the sun and shell out thousands for replacement kit rather than just asking supplier about the issue. Loads of others read the mis-guided rant and then regurgitate elsewhere. :)

Genuine users are soon out-numbered by herds of sheep playing chinese whispers.

(bah) (bah) (bah) (bah) (bah) (bah) (bah) (bah) (bah) (bah) (bah) (bah) (bah) (bah) (bah) (bah) (bah)

Anyways:

C2 UK turbo software = amazing! :-d

Nice to hear that you are finaly thinking off a C2 setup. Offcourse standalone is better if you are gonna boost things up. But at what cost?? Looking foreward to the 630cc OBD2 turbo tune. Ive been talking warm about C2 for almost 1.5 year. Not that many in this forum that was a fan off it. Is that because no one was using it? Only reading Vortex and about the old C2 tune?

Anyway' date=' the C2 Turbo software is awesome.

[/quote']

Hello sir...

Unfortunately for me, OBD2 and C2 were not to be :-(

Matt at C2 UK could not have been any more helpful with me. He even did some boost pipes for me, based on rough drawings and they arrived as specified, absolutely spot on!

I had some wiring issues with my car and the software didn't work properly. Before you think I am bad mouthing C2, let me just say the standard chip didn't work properly either. I never did get to the bottom of the problem, but the ECU would randomly lose power (usually just after a period of boost) and rather than spending £££££s sorting wiring issues, I just went back to what I know and understand.......standalone.

This time I got a DTA S80 and I pulled out all of the OBD2 engine harness and made up a loom for the S80 from scratch. I am over the moon with the results :-) It's smoother than stock.

I know you love your C2 and Motronic and good on you, but have you tried a well mapped standalone VR6 T?

Everyone on the Vortex is very pro C2....and so they should be since the C2 code is written for US ECUs, but they don't know anything else though. They take a stock VR6, add a turbo, add C2 code. That is their world.

They assume standalones don't idle, don't hold part throttle AFs, don't boost well.....but that is rubbish. Trust me, try a properly mapped standalone and you will not look at Motronic ever again.

As I say, C2 all the way for a turn key solution. If you want full control and the best possible smoothness......it has to be standalone.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyway' date=' the C2 Turbo software is awesome.

[/quote']

Hello sir...

Unfortunately for me, OBD2 and C2 were not to be :-(

Matt at C2 UK could not have been any more helpful with me. He even did some boost pipes for me, based on rough drawings and they arrived as specified, absolutely spot on!

I had some wiring issues with my car and the software didn't work properly. Before you think I am bad mouthing C2, let me just say the standard chip didn't work properly either. I never did get to the bottom of the problem, but the ECU would randomly lose power (usually just after a period of boost) and rather than spending £££££s sorting wiring issues, I just went back to what I know and understand.......standalone.

This time I got a DTA S80 and I pulled out all of the OBD2 engine harness and made up a loom for the S80 from scratch. I am over the moon with the results :-) It's smoother than stock.

I know you love your C2 and Motronic and good on you, but have you tried a well mapped standalone VR6 T?

Everyone on the Vortex is very pro C2....and so they should be since the C2 code is written for US ECUs, but they don't know anything else though. They take a stock VR6, add a turbo, add C2 code. That is their world.

They assume standalones don't idle, don't hold part throttle AFs, don't boost well.....but that is rubbish. Trust me, try a properly mapped standalone and you will not look at Motronic ever again.

As I say, C2 all the way for a turn key solution. If you want full control and the best possible smoothness......it has to be standalone.

Kev, my mate... I know all about it. I wasnt clear in my last post. I know all about USA/Vortex and C2 customers..

And I know some DTA VRT'S... And its day and night when it comes to being perfect. C2 software is made for everyone. And it works. Its not like a standalone, where you can choose and make the setup for YOUR engine. I know that. I was thinking, it would have been nice to see, what you think about the 440cc C2 setup. The green Bosch is good, but dont spray the best.:) But I think you told me some time ago, that you would not go past 440cc injectors for awhile. And that said, I tought it would be nice to hear what you think of a stock ECU C2 42# setup.

Thats all...

Kristian