Wheel colour choice on blackberry VR6

Hi, after a shoddy attempt at a refurb i'm having my wheels recoated, they're TT Comps which were polished when i got them, they're a little hard to keep in good nick as its my everyday drive so i got a clear laquer put on them to protect the surface and finish, This lasted all of 5 mins before it cracked and flaked off, so now they're being shot blasted and re coated, but the question is what colour?

I really fancy a change so i did some photoshops,

Original colour

DSC01952.jpg

Slightly darker silver

wheel12.jpg

But now i'm thinking along the lines of green, but i have doubts as to how good it'll look, what do you think?

ResedaGreen.jpg

ResedaGreen2.jpg

Other options include dark colours like matt, satin or gloss black dark grey etc.

The color of your car is Mulberry matey :) - nice looking VR at that too.

Personally, i'd either polish the wheels to bling, but as that's now been minced, I'd go for the darker silver....

Although Green is my favorite thing for one reason or another..... it looks hideous :) now go sit in the corner for even thinking that :)

Pete

Defo not green! What were you thinking!!!

Maybe gloss black..i dont see whats wrong with the colour at the moment. I think if you are going to change your wheel colour you should change the wheel altogether. :P

well like i said polishing is just gonna take too much looking afterits my everyday car, thanks for the comments.

Dark red/nearly black has come up aswell and matt metallic black, i'm not changing the wheels cos it'll cost too much and i like these ones!

i'll put up some new pics when i decide on a colour.

I agree polishing them is not nice, but it looks the best. Mine is a daily driver i use autosol then use megiars nxt metal polish and it forms a wax barrier very impressed and as far as colour do what you like i have mine polished with the inserts white makes the wheel look alot brighter? love it or hate it

1211137805_3292_FT231805_24022008095_custom_.jpg

i wouldn't ever go white again, they stain too easy!

I've decided on dark semi gloss metallic silver with a laquer over it,

Not 100% sure how low it sits in mm, but its ok with 3 people in it its on FK highsports at the moment but they're getting old so gonna swap them out soon and also do the bushes on the front which means new subframe cos the bolts are seized something chronic! so need to save alittle before that!

Mate ur car is sexual! I think you sould keep them polished, not that much work keepin em shiny, i used autosol on my chrome wheels and did it once every 2 weeks to keep em shiny. If you deffo wanna paint em then what about paintin the face of them graphite grey and leavin the rest polished!!? just a suggestion, its different and i think it would look really nice. Btw ur car is immaculatly clean and shiny, what do you use and how often do you polish or whatever your car?

they're on the car now, they are a really nice colour the finish is flawless, i'm just not sure if it works! i will put pics up tomorrow when i've given it a wash.

Kie_dub, its got some corrosion in spots, rear arch bottom of front arches , i also think it had a respray not too long ago which is why it holds the shine well. i use halfords wax shampoo, then chamois it down. on the odd occasion i use meguiers 3 step shine, paint renovator polish the carnuba wax, it needs a polish this week as i'm going on the modball in it this year (should be going in my ax again - but engine not built in time) so i want it to look its best, i also twatted a badger not so long ago so the front bumper needs repainting cos it craked most of the paint on the passenger side and lost a grill (now replaced)

Cheers for the comments guys, and to think i was going to sell it a few weeks back!

ok washed it this morning, it was raining so it saved me chamoising and polishing.

certain angles i'm happy with the colour but others i think it looks odd! need the sunshine to see the metallic and theres a rainbow effect in the sunshine too off the laquer.

DSC02557.jpg

DSC02559.jpg

What do you think? i'm going to tint the number plates, fog light and indicators, but i've just sold my black mk4 style headlights (doh) which might have looked better than the shiney ones!