[moved] Rolling the ARCHES

The best way is to have them rolled...NOT cut.............like dub_weiser said about 30-40 quid to have them rolled,..... but from what ive been told there is a good chance they will crack and in a couple of cases the arch can become distorted &| so i'd say if you want them done once and right.... find a good body shop!.....ive been quoted from a very good body shop in my area £150 per side.........that includes having them rolled pulled seam sealed and painted ;)

I think PHAT V is the one to answer the question really but from what I understand you can have the arches pulled right out loosing the square lip so they look like the pic below.....then set the coilover super hard so you get no movement what so ever! ed380671.jpg987100061.jpgalbums

[ Edited Thu Sep 23 2004, 09:47PM ]

[ Edited Thu Sep 23 2004, 09:52PM ]

he he, ive been for the super hard coilover thing, so im thinking on a softer option now, lol. but im looking at an extra 2 inches wide, and i want the wheels to be pushing out there too. think ill just see about getting em cut, then spot or seam welded. guess ill hit that hurdle when i do the bodywork.

• 3 months later...

Just to clarify some points here. Whilst the cars in the bodyshop, was thinking of doing something with the arches so that in the near future, i can slam the car on 8x17's or more than likely 7.5x17's. I know Justin mentioned on another thread that he only had the fronts cut and was running those beautiful TT competition rims which are also 7.5x17. Hoping not to have to do anything to the rears. Is there a link or something that could show me whats invloved? Or can any of you guys explain the way go about this? Thanx

Nelson :)

So it's just a case of grinding them down, eh Steve? How close to to the rim of the arch would you recomend m8? Is it the same principle for the rears too? Cheers for pic Mr Ben, would have loved to see your face when you first saw that going on, scary shit! :P;)

mate read the thread! dont grind the rear arches but you can get away with doing the front... Rolling the arches isnt essential to run 17s but it will ensure you can slam it without rubbing...if the body shop doesnt know how to do it find one that does ;)

Cheers for pic Mr Ben' date=' would have loved to see your face when you first saw that going on, scary shit! :P;) [/quote']

It's not the first time I've seen Steve wielding an angle grinder near a car, I think he rather enjoys it! At least this time it was his car not mine!

Don't what ever you do grind the rear's!! They hold the car together. The fronts I took the arch liners out and cut out the bits of platic where they where catching, then a bit more for good measure, then I cut off the arch liner brackets on the arches and ground back the metal where the paint hd been damaged fromt he tyre rubbing on it.

Still does it now and again, but its once in a blue moon.

If your going to do it, make sure you don't leave any sharp edges and make sure you paint any bare metal you leave behind.

[ Edited Mon Jan 03 2005, 11:21AM ]

Cheers lads. Thought it was wierd that u said all the arches Jus, sorry m8. The bodyshop has done it before, they prepare rally cars in their spare time so should know a thing or two about it. The arches are getting fully sprayed so thought i'd take the opportunity whilst it's there. :D