Calling all Milltek Exhaust owners

I've got a '96 VR6 Highline with a Milltek exhaust fiited on it but I'm not that happy with it.

Basically it booms / drones, it's louder when you put your foot down which is fine, but even cruising at a constant speed there's a constant low frequency droning which is spoiling my enjoyment of my top tunes.

Are they all like that, it's not a cheap exhaust system by any means, maybe it's had it ?

ive just fitted a milltek to my car done 50 miles on it and it just sounds like standard i went for the resonated systm which means it has a centre section and a back box.im shure they do a none resonated with just a back box i can imagine that being quite loud.milltek say that there exausts dont drone or bore like cheaper exhausts u should try giving them a ring am shure they come with a lifetime warenty not certain tho.

Mmmm just went to the website and there's no center box listed for a MK3 Golf, only two types of back box, a cat bypass pipe and a high flow cat.

The website also says they offer resonated and non-resonated versions of most of their systems, any idea how I would tell whether my back box is a resonated or non-resonated unit ?

miltek exhausts for a mk3 VR dont have the option of being resonated or not thats what i was told anyway when i brought mine. mine has been on my car for months now and i love it, its not to loud and doesnt sound cheap, compliments my engine and bmc perfedtly to give an amazing sound :)

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if some people thought that it wasn't too loud at all, it's a very subjective thing after all. But for me it's a bit much.

Has anybody changed one for something else, a Supersprint for example and noticed the difference ?

The Cat and the standard mid box are still there, with a Milltek back box, I might just go back to standard and see how it goes. I'm sure someone will give me some money for it, shame as it looks pretty good, if Milltek are one of the best then it probably just proves that I'm really picky and I won't be satisfied with any aftermarket performance exhaust.

Oh well, more expense :-(