Damo's VR gets a new grill pg5 :)

Hey all. just signed up a few days ago, so i figured it would be rude not to post up some pics of my vr!

here she is, pretty standard at the minute.

At tatton park VW festival:

IMGP0270.jpg

IMGP0272.jpg

IMGP0276.jpg

some more up to date pics (vr badges rmoved..

IMGP0532.jpg

IMGP0537.jpg

IMGP0543.jpg

Got a Jetex SS system arriving tomorrow and hopefully some new rimmage in not too long a time

Mod Edit To Resize Pics

I bought the car last June. Couldn't turn away once I had been to see it.

The last owner had it for three years, the one before him for four years and a couple of brief owners from new. throughout its life it remained an untouched original car. Came with every receipt for lots of spares, mot cert, full VW service history.

It had done a genuine 78000, backed up by the service schedule and docs. Came with the original solitudes seen in these pics, original factory fitted wooden gearknob which I have had refurbed back to new condition, original purple floor mats fitted at the dealers. The entire owners manual and wallett etc. The interior was immaculate (owned by just a couple so the back seats never even got sat in.) Basically it had everything that came with it from day one, all kept in immaculate condition.

Only mods on the car from the last owner were proffesionally fitted coilovers to improve the handling, and uprated brake pads & discs.

Beautiful example of a much sort after car, and i managed to get it off him for £2950. bargain if you ask me..

• 2 weeks later...

Had my Jetex cat back fitted last weekend and ot a few pics taken at this months NWVAG meet in preston (bit of a drive for me but it was a decent meet).

Only a few artsy ones but i reckon they show the good fit of this system quite well.. Hope everyone likes my choice of tailpipe.. i couldnt choose between this and the oval... lol

[img:width=600]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z141/Damo1985/NWVAG1.jpg[/img:width=600]

[img:width=600]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z141/Damo1985/NWVAG2.jpg[/img:width=600]

[img:width=600]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z141/Damo1985/NWVAG3.jpg[/img:width=600]

thats all for now. up next - some porsche rims.....

[pics resized - richie]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Another update, only small mind you!

Spent most of this week with the car off the road after a stuck thermostat caused my engine to get hotter than satan in a hot tub, in summer... BIIIGG thanks to dave at manor park mechanics for helpin with the new 'stat housing etc and she is now back on the road again :)

Also, yesterday i battled with doorcards in gale force winds to fit my lurvely de-locked mk4 polo door handles. Left them satin black for now but will consider colour coding in the future. Very pleased with how they fit, no bending of the mechanism needed at all. so took me about 30mins to do the lot! Piccies to follow...