How much should Beisbarth alignment cost?

My local VW want £115! Is that right?

My car pulls to the left all the time, and the front passenger side wheel is out of camber for some reason and leans out of the wheel arch slightly. And my steering wheel doesn't sit straight :( I've heard only VW have the tools necessary to reset the steering wheel with airbag?

the airbag is held on with 2 bolts... iirc the only tool you need is an allen key... maybe they just didnt want to mess about with it?

yeah that must be it... oh well i'll have to ring around. I don't think it needs 4 wheel alignment' date=' and to my knowledge the rears aren't adjustable anyway?!

[ Edited Thu Sep 09 2004, 11:53PM ']

its not true that only VW have the tools, one of my local tyre places carried out electronic four wheel allignment with printout for £43. Steering wheel is spot on. The rears aren't easily adjustable, its more a 4 wheel check you're after, basically you want the tracking and camber set up on the front, then the four wheel allignment will check that the rear wheels are alligned with the front correctly, all the camber and tracking set up in the world will be wasted if the rear is out of allignment. Even though th rears aren't commonly adjusted they can still be out through accident damage, bearing and bush wear etc etc.

[ Edited Fri Sep 10 2004, 10:37AM ]

you shouldnt need to remove the steering wheel for the tracking adjustment' date=' they just lock it in position dont they, and allign the wheels to that. thats how they done mine, but i guess there may be a different procedure for the airbag.[/quote']

theres no difference with having an airbag...seems like they didn't really know what they were doing.

Ok just been yesterday to have it done at a Hi-Q tyre place, £25! haha anyway they couldn't do it because One tyre was bald on the insie!?! :@ and needed a new one, I had a dilemma because I was planning on getting new alloys within a few months, now a brand new tyre will go to waste :( Then came the decision on which tyre to go for, they only had some cheap crap and the Goodyear Eagle F1s are out of stock in the whole country apparently!? And they are directional so would need a pair... so I'm gonna have to have a think about what to do. So now I have to wait ~:(

[ Edited Sat Sep 11 2004, 12:39PM ]

Unfortunately not, I think I'm gonna grin n bare it, the tyre tread has already suffered due to the alignment and poor camber set up so may as well wait until I can get some new alloys. So hard to prioritise... always something comes up with cars esp so with the VR, all worth it though... most of the time! B);):)