IS MY CAR A 16V WILLIAMS???

I kid you not this is what i was asked yesterday at the M.o.t station by a chap after it passed... he was one of the guys working on my car!! and then he said does it have a audi TT engine in it?? he had the bonnet open aswel!!

the head mechanic luckily said its a VR6 a special edition and a legend of a car :) but then he started to campare it the the nissan skyline tthey had been working on, GTS turbo...!! i just said no its not in that league peformance wise.......idiots!

well about 40ish?so not that old lol.... but he clearly wasnt even sure if my car was a golf or not? im hoping he was just a bystander and actaully didnt touch my car!!! as i say teh head mechanic actaully seemed to know his stuff. he says my sills are going :(

if id heard that before i would have walked away lol, nice to get compliements off them tho, and they did me a cheap price on fittin a steer rack gator, £30 all in, labour + part... quoted me 50 so thought was good.

They are some people who cant see past they're saxos/novas/fiestas to know anything about other cars. He might be able to strip his saxo part and rebuild it in a day but if he said to me 'is that a TT engine' i'd make sure he was no where near my car.

Funny though!! :-)

Clio williams are top motors. My old one managed a 14.0 1/4 with Just breathing mods + remap and a good strip. Probably quicker then my corrado vr up to say 100, but thats when the vr comes into its own. It used to hit the limiter in 5th @ 130 and anything above 90 was a little noisy and uncomfortable. Great fun little car though.

few vids of her (not me new owner)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yLNHqP5PQk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBm0IZxZUFQ&feature=related

What was that in Eat this' date=' Standard VR or the 320bhp??

As said above the willams that did 14s could have been quite tuned

[/quote']

charged but it was running about 280 hp then due to belt slip the wind was extremely strong that day

ps iv never seen an n/a vr run low 14s with 102 mph terminals lol

[/quote']

charged but it was running about 280 hp then due to belt slip the wind was extremely strong that day

there is a guy on edition 38 who says he is running low 14s with a n/a vr... six apeal (LOW VR) its got a shrick and a few other things running about 215bhp... and dave lea (dlea) is gettin 14.5 with his n/a VR too.

[/quote']

there is a guy on edition 38 who says he is running low 14s with a n/a vr... six apeal (LOW VR) its got a shrick and a few other things running about 215bhp... and dave lea (dlea) is gettin 14.5 with his n/a VR too.

i did 14.6 pre charger with about 220 bhp BUT termainal speed was around 93-95 with the charger the terminal speeds is 103-105 mph :) mid 14s in an n/a vr are possible but very difficult mid 14s in mine as it is now means i fooked it up good and proper hehe