Wow, I am truly amazed by the consuption of your cars.....did a 40 miles round trip on the motorway today and the max I got was 25mpg, I constantly get around 15 mpg driving around town, can anyone suggest what I should check, car was fully serviced around 700 miles ago, also using premium fuel ???

Wow' date=' I am truly amazed by the consuption of your cars.....did a 40 miles round trip on the motorway today and the max I got was 25mpg, I constantly get around 15 mpg driving around town, can anyone suggest what I should check, car was fully serviced around 700 miles ago, also using premium fuel ???

[/quote']

Stick Vag-com onto it, could be your O2 sensor is faulty... (?)

Wow' date=' I am truly amazed by the consuption of your cars.....did a 40 miles round trip on the motorway today and the max I got was 25mpg, I constantly get around 15 mpg driving around town, can anyone suggest what I should check, car was fully serviced around 700 miles ago, also using premium fuel ???

[/quote']

Think ill stick mine on aswell then, When driving realy hard whats the worse people are seeing?

[/quote']

Did use a dianostic code reader (non vagcom) came up with no errors....should I just change the sensor anyways? Also don't have climate control.

lead weight' date=' lol. wish i culd afford 2 hav a lead weight on my foot. iv sat at about 3000rpm, bout 70 on a motorway 4 about 15 mins and best i got was round 25 sumwhere.

[/quote']

Hi .Newbie here and just as a point of interest. Your car would normally be churning over at 2500rpm at 70mph.

Might I sugest you were up in the 80s ?

I get appx 33mpg in slippers on a run and 18-22 about the city. 8-|